Client Market Making Strategist
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
How would you like to design research tools and trading models to customize risk pricing to GS clients across US stocks, options and ETFs? You would work directly with our Systematic Market Making (SMM) group which trades electronically on exchanges and ATSs. It is also responsible for providing execution services to the broader franchise and developing products to provide principal liquidity to clients directly. SMM is comprised primarily of quantitative researchers / developers and presents a large growth opportunity for the firm.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include financial service providers, fund managers, and pensions/endowments. We help them buy and sell financial products around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor. As a strategist who sits in the Securities Division, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. You might be involved in analyzing exposures and structuring transactions to meet client needs, or involved in designing and developing complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL?
In this role you will be exposed to trading, clients, and market structure. You will work closely with our equities and options business to create a new trading products for clients . As an SMM sales strategist you will:
- Work closely with trading and research to optimize internalization algorithms
- Enhance our internal research platform to develop advanced client analytics to expand market share working with sales and joining client meetings
- Collect, enrich and analyze large volumes of US equity and options data resulting from the execution of client and on exchange order flows
- Perform statistical analysis of the order flow and build mathematical models of flow interaction with financial markets
- Design and implement efficient analytical tools to work with large datasets
- Optimize data processing routines, build and maintain research infrastructure
- Bachelors or Masters degree with major in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in role working with large datasets to solve business problems (financial experience is not required)
- Understanding of algorithm, data structures and design patterns
- Strong software development skills
- Participation in real-life C/C++ or Java projects
- Hands on experience with SQL databases
- Research in optimization theory / pattern recognition / machine learning
- Experience with statistical packages (e.g. R)
- Modeling in high level languages (e.g Python with NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top