CIMD-GSAM Fixed Income, Investment Grade Research - VP - Bengaluru
- Bangalore, India
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Responsibilities and Qualification
The Global Investment Grade Credit team is one of the largest teams in the Fixed Income group that sits within the overall Consumer & Investment Management Division. The team helps investors to identify market inefficiencies and generate consistent risk-adjusted performance across the credit spectrum. Global Credit strategies employ a forward looking research-driven approach, focusing on active and fundamental security selection that is grounded in disciplined risk management. It manages approximately ~US$200bn of Investment Grade Corporate bonds in dedicated as well as multi-strategy portfolios for a diverse clientele globally, ranging from pension funds to central banks.
The Credit Analyst will be responsible for supporting senior analysts within the global IG research team responsible for investment recommendations for a range of portfolios. A successful candidate must demonstrate commitment to a team-oriented culture and a strong enthusiasm for investment research. Financial modeling, communication and research skills, as well as an outstanding critical thinking mindset are key to the role.
- Working alongside senior analysts across our team to follow assigned industries and credits
- Performing ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio positions and communicating updates in a timely fashion (verbal and written) to team members across the globe
- Building and maintaining investment-related infrastructure to support our credit recommendations and investments
- Analyzing and ranking issuers via financial analysis, evaluation of industry positioning, assessment of management and strategy and other factors
- Supporting investment recommendations for a range of portfolios (e.g., with different risk appetites, restrictions on currencies/countries) and defending those recommendations in both verbal and written communication with portfolio managers
- Assessing the relative value of IG bond investment opportunities by interpreting risk-reward parameters, legal and capital structures, bond covenants, market drivers of bond performance and the value of available alternatives
- Working with members of technology and strategist team to create and maintain fundamental analysis tools.
- 5+ years of experience in an investment related or banking role and a demonstrable interest in investment research
- Strong financial modeling and communication skills (oral and written)
- Solid accounting and finance knowledge
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- CFA study (at any level) a plus
- Programming experience not essential, but desirable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top