CIMD - UX Researcher - Vice President - New York City
- New York, NY
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. In Private Wealth Management, we help our clients pursue their wealth management goals through careful advice & astute investment management. We work closely with high-net-worth individuals, families and select foundations and endowments to develop wealth and investment management strategies. We then identify investment opportunities to help them reach their objectives.
PWM Design is responsible for building a strategic platform to deliver client experiences through all communications channels. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering an integrated suite of tools and applications to onboard and service clients. Our software helps to realize a client's financial goals and objectives, develop and implement an integrated wealth management plan, and deliver first-class client services. We complement these services with robust execution capabilities and attentive client service.
We are looking for a seasoned mixed methods research practitioner who can introduce research to product teams, launch new research programs, and conduct studies with a human-centric approach to defining client needs and related solutions. The researcher will lead a range of activities, collaborating across teams and stakeholder groups, to bring projects from discovery research to innovative service solutions and all the way through usability testing design concepts before bringing them to market. He/She will enjoy working side by side with designers, technologists, and product managers, to create a shared vision and roadmap for the future of PWM. Providing product and Design teams with the tools and knowledge needed to continuously generate actionable data that drives product decisions. The researcher will employ an engagement model with the business to help facilitate a culture in which empathy and outcomes become a core capability for growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How you will fulfill your potential
- As a User Experience Researcher you will be responsible for scoping and crafting research initiatives, conducting research, and delivering actionable product strategies and insights for a variety of digital projects
- The candidate must be an innovative, creative, and analytical problem solver dedicated to the craft of product research
- She/He must have extensive experience working with product teams in an agile environment, have superior interpersonal skills, excellent communication and organization skills and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Graduate degree or experience equivalent in user experience, interaction design, human factors, psychology, anthropology, or related fields.
- Experience planning and facilitating workshops (hypothesis, concepting, design-thinking, insights) with stakeholders to generate impactful research insights.
- Connect research findings from multiple projects/sources and provide insights on a higher order.
- Collaborate with design team to translate research findings into actionable design recommendations.
- Utilize analysis methods, such as affinity diagraming, to synthesize findings and pull out actionable recommendations.
- Leverage heuristics, VoC, statistical analyses, and other insightful methods to triangulate user pain points.
- Conduct competitive and comparative research and analysis to complement user research.
- Independently scope and plan a research program (can include multiple projects with multiple related studies), consulting with relevant stakeholders and team members.
- 3-5 years of experience in user research in the context of product management, interaction design, information architecture, and visual design for digital experiences.
- Experience conducting user research for complex business applications.
- Strong knowledge of user centered design processes and principles.
- Domain expertise in the financial sector a plus.
- Experience with data visualization and visual design a plus.
- Understanding of inclusive design and how to evaluate the accessibility of user interfaces.
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity.
- Not required, but a plus: link to your online research portfolio or attach research deliverable samples
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top