CIMD, PWM - Wealth Advisor, Vice President - Houston, TX
- Houston, TX
Goldman Sachs Personal Financial Management (GS PFM) specializes in creating personalized wealth management plans for affluent individuals and families. We give clients clarity, confidence and control over their financial decisions. Our dedicated team of advisors across approximately 100 offices throughout the U.S., develops and implements personalized plans tailored to each client's values and life goals. Our advisors offer an investment platform inclusive of products and services offered by Goldman Sachs and other third parties, including private banking and lending offerings. We consider the relationships with our clients a lifelong partnership, a partnership backed by over 150 years of Goldman Sachs providing consistency, perspective and access as our clients' needs evolve.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position-specific duties and/or duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of United Capital Financial Advisers, Inc., Advice delivery process including Money Mind® , Honest Conversations® and the 6 Step Process.
- Successfully leads clients through the Money Mind® and Honest Conversations®process.
- Adheres to the UCFA Client Meeting Processes for Advice and pricing Advice accurately.
- Assists clients in the areas of investment, tax retirement, education, insurance and estate planning, working closely with the Managing Director, Relationship Manager and Director of Operations to support overall planning needs as well as company objectives.
- Actively participates in case design and meeting preparation managing an assigned Relationship Manager to ensure all client deliverables are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Actively monitors financial markets, specific investments in clients' portfolios and keeps abreast of new investment strategies and investment vehicles to continue to provide the best possible level of service to all firm clients.
- Takes a holistic view of each client's financial needs and goals ensuring clients remain on track to achieve goals.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the client's situation resulting in the ability to review each deliverable with the client, including Investment performance.
- Acts as the primary liaison with clients' accountants, attorneys and other advisors and creates a strong relationship as a team to ensure a comprehensive wealth management plan.
- Maintains clear communication with clients relative to a minimum level of service and ongoing service expectations.
- Develops and manages relationships with assigned client base ensuring all clients have a consistent and positive experience.
- Responsible for new business development, including active retention of new clients, development of strategic alliances and opportunities within Adviser's own book of business.
- Focuses on business development both internally and externally. Managing client relationships by creating and executing business development strategies that attract and retain clients.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans and business development plans to achieve annual individual and Regional Office revenue goals.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners. Actively develops and maintains relationships with target clients, effectively utilizing available universal marketing materials.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent image throughout all marketing materials, communications and events in alignment with United Capital standards.
- Participates on special task forces related to new corporate wide initiatives.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Ability to sit at desk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to operate a wide range of office technology, such as operating a multi-line telephone system, computer, copier and fax machine.
- Ability to read documents, reports, etc.
- Ability to answer phones and communicate with callers.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting and/or Economics or equivalent experience; Master of Business Administration degree is strongly desired; Must have either a Series 7 and Series 66 OR Series 65.
- Certified Financial Planner or Charted Financial Analyst designation is highly desired.
- Minimum four years of working as a Relationship Manager with at least 2 years in a Senior Relationship Manager role and/or minimum two years of working as a Wealth Adviser, Financial Adviser or Financial Consultant.
- Registered as an Investment Advisory Representative (IAR).
Required Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Google Apps
- Prophix or other computerized accounting systems
- SalesForce or other CRM software
- Securities, Financial Planning, Investments or Insurance
- Custodian Platforms (i.e. Fidelity, Schwab, etc.)
- Broker Dealer and Investment Advisory Regulations
- Maintenance of confidential records
Required Skills in:
- Strong demonstrated quantitative and analytical abilities
- Superior people and communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients through dissatisfaction.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Judgement and problem solving; takes responsibility, demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and is able to deal with confidential information on a daily basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Proficient in Google Apps.
- A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, positive professional attitude and demeanor.
- Must be able to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy when dealing with clients, other executives and levels of management.
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential client issues.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top