CIMD, PWM, Relationship Manager, Analyst, Ops - Irving, TX
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Under the general supervision of the Managing Director(MD)/Director of Operations (DO)/Manager of Operations (MOO), the Senior Relationship Manager (SRM) is responsible for managing and monitoring client relationships as directed by the Managing Director (MD), Wealth Manager (WM) or Wealth Advisor (WA). The Senior RM focuses on developing and maintaining strong client relationships with specific attention in the areas of client interaction, client development, and financial plan development and support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position-specific duties and/or duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
- Reviews proposed client solutions and develops recommendations with oversight of MD, WM or WA.
- Conducts and leads client meetings to gather data, including Honest Conversation and Money Mind processes.
- Maintains a thorough understanding the company's advice delivery process including Honest Conversation, Money Mind, the 6-Step Process and other components of the UC Client experience.
- Communicates with clients regarding the proposed financial plan recommendations and reasoning based on client's financial situation, including potential benefits and drawbacks, under limited oversight of MD, WM or WA.
- Reviews deliverables with client, including investment performance under limited oversight o M.D, WM or WA.
- Maintains regular communication with client regarding ongoing service expectations and to ensure minimum service expectations are met.
- Leads internal Client Case Prep meetings and directs production of client deliverables to team members.
- Identifies any potential client issues and/or opportunities based on knowledge of client financial history and reviews with MD, WM or WA.
- Tracks all client interactions including requests, inbound/outbound calls and emails via the Activity section of SalesForce.
- Prepares for and participates in client meetings, documents all notes and action items and ensures commitments to clients are executed in a timely manner.
- Prepares all deliverable materials for review, and 1st/2nd/3rd meetings.
- Works with team members to ensure client questions are addressed in timely manner.
- Escalates all client issues and potential issues to MD, WM or WA.
- Prepares all outgoing customer correspondence and copies MD, WM or WA
- Delivers Money Mind surveys to clients via SalesForce.
- Reviews client task assignments and works with team members to ensure follow up and action items are documented in SalesForce and completed within specified timeframes.
- Builds, or directs the UC Guidance team on how to build client financial plans consistent with data gathering and the clients' Honest Conversation exercise results.
- Reviews client statements and forecasting review data.
- Creates meeting agenda format, presentations, case documentation and deliverables for assigned clients.
- Manages development and maintenance of suitability documentation utilizing client file standards.
- Ensures adherence to compliance notation and makes recommendations to ensure quality standards are met including full and fair disclosure.
- Initiates, follows up and processes new business including completion and execution of Mind Maps.
- Ensures new clients move through the UC Client Experience in a timely manner and are assigned the correct service model.
- Provides feedback and recommendations for operational process improvements related to servicing clients
- Other duties as directed by management
PH YSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at desk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to operate a wide range of office technology, such as operating a multi-line telephone system, computer, copier and fax machine
- Ability to read documents, reports, etc.
- Ability to answer phones and communicate with callers
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree with minimum five years experience as Relationship Manager, Case Manager, Paraplanner in financial industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Series 65 or 66, and Certified Financial Planner designation required.
Required Knowledge of:
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Google Apps.
- SalesForce or similar CRM.
- GDX360, Money Guide Pro, eMoney or other financial planning software
- Maintenance of confidential records.
Required Skills in:
- Providing professional and courteous service to clients, prospective clients and colleagues.
- Effectively handling customer inquiries and resolving complaints.
- Effectively prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines.
- Maintaining attention to detail within a fast-paced environment.
- Effectively communicating and accurately relaying information to others, including senior management
- Writing concise, logical, grammatically correct correspondence and reports.
- Maintaining well organized and efficient processes
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top