CIMD, PWM, GS Family Office, VP, Philadelphia / Washington D.C.
- Philadelphia, PA
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
PWM - GS Family Office
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
GS Family Office (GSFO) works in coordination with Private Wealth Advisors to develop strong ties with clients to deliver a full suite of wealth planning and family office services. GSFO is in search of a Vice President to develop innovative wealth planning strategies and provide family office services to assist clients in meeting their income tax, estate tax, philanthropic and financial planning goals . We are looking for a hard-working and client-friendly individual with a strong background in trust and estate advisory.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Act as a senior subject matter expert in assisting high net worth clients from an income, trust and estate and tax planning perspective
- Advise individuals and families on all aspects of the transmission of wealth, including tax-efficient estate planning structures, sophisticated lifetime gifting strategies, the transfer of closely held businesses, charitable giving and the administration and restructuring of trusts.
- Counsel clients on asset protection techniques and implementation
- Interface with Trustees, Attorneys, Accountants, and other advisors and professional bodies in respect to private clients' wealth planning
- Develop philanthropic goals and implement related structures (e.g., DAF, private foundations)
- Formalize financial goals and put into action a plan to achieve those goals.
- Presentation of internal educational seminars to Private Wealth Management teams
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe; this role will be primary placed in Philadelphia or Washington, D.C. but may cover clients across the United States
- Extensive experience working with clients in structuring multi-generational wealth and estate planning strategies
- Technical expertise in US tax legislation and tax implications of investment portfolios, estate planning entities, philanthropic entities, and other business activities, including impact of the Alternative Minimum Tax
- Experience with state and local tax matters for the East Coast state jurisdictions is preferable
- A strong background in advising with the implementation of asset protection techniques
- Experience in interfacing with Trustees, Attorneys, Accountants, and other advisors and professional bodies in respect to private client's wealth planning
- Deep interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a team oriented environment
- Resourceful, self-starter, attentive to detail and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience of presenting to internal and external audiences
- Ability to build consensus and facilitate decision-making among families
- Experienced in the structuring and management of family office entities is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- A minimum of ten years of experience as an accountant, attorney or wealth professional
- Bachelor's Degree required; CPA and/or JD highly preferred
- Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 & Series 63 exams (must be obtained within first 3 months of employment)
- Willingness and desire to travel, as necessary, given regional coverage of the role
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top