CIMD, PWM, Equity Solutions Group, GOAS Trader, Analyst/Associate
- New York, NY
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Goldman Option Advisory Services ("GOAS") Team within Private Wealth Management ("PWM") is responsible for portfolio management, trading, and marketing across a range of option overlay strategies for PWM clients. GOAS is currently seeking an analyst to work closely with senior portfolio managers and traders as a junior portfolio manager/trader. The candidate will also be involved in the ongoing infrastructure development for the team, which includes one-off projects as well as liaising with our Strat and Technology teams on a go-forward basis.
With product specialists engaged in the markets every day, the Markets Solutions Group offers both advisory strategies and transactional solutions for clients. The broader team develops and manages a range of separately managed accounts that provide customized solutions to construct strategic allocations, implement tactical views, and hedge portfolio risks. On the transactional side, we have a robust execution platform and a multitude of global trading counterparties and issuers.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Support portfolio managers and traders to help manage discretionary managed options strategies
- Analyze, implement and execute trades in equity options and shares
- Develop trading tools and risk management systems to help streamline, improve and scale the business
- Build and model portfolio analytics with potential to develop new strategies (with regular dialogue with our Strat team)
- Reconcile and book trades and perform end of day desk procedures
- Manage relationships with internal teams (marketing, strategists, wealth management professionals) and external broker-dealers< ul>
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong understanding of equity and equity derivatives
- Academic background in a quantitative subject is strongly preferred
- Ability to perform computer programming tasks in any language is strongly preferred
- Strong, demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Motivated team player who can contribute in a cohesive team-trading environment
- Single-stock and index trading experience preferred, but not required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top