CIMD - Platform Infrastructure Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses. It also includes our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking highly collaborative, creative and intellectually curious Reliability Engineers who obsess about quality, availability and performance and ensure that our Cloud platform and products meet the demands of our digital customers today and in the future. Successful candidates will be proficient at a variety of observability technologies, including performance monitoring and tuning, automation of observability tooling while helping mature and improve our problem solving and reporting functions.
Additional responsibilities & expectations include:
- On-going production operations of Marcus's public cloud hosted infrastructure across the entire stack
- Provide leadership in reducing and resolving production incidents by identifying preventative controls and driving proactive efforts
- Looking for opportunities to improve all operations processes
- Tracking system uptime and promotes continuously increasing release velocity
- Champion the creation and use of self-service tooling in support of the Cloud Engineering team
- Remain at the forefront of technology innovation and helps with the discovery and adoption of advanced cloud capabilities
- You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-directional work environment
- You possess exceptional analytical skills, able to apply expertise to drive complex, technical and highly commercial solutions
- 5+ years of professional experience in Reliability Engineering, Linux Systems Administration, DevOps, or Infrastructure Engineering
- Experience in finding and fixing critical, customer facing production issues
- Understanding of industry standards for building services in Cloud environments
- Proficient with modern scripting languages (Python and Shell)
- Passionate about measurement, observability and early detection of issues
- Willing to be part of a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Composed urgency in stressful situations is critical
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- 3+ years in building and managing cloud operations and monitoring tooling such as Splunk, AppDynamics, PagerDuty, Prometheus etc.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top