CIMD, PFM, Manager of Operations, Analyst - Irving, TX
- Dallas, TX
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Goldman Sachs Personal Financial Management (GS PFM) specializes in creating personalized wealth management plans for affluent individuals and families. We give clients clarity, confidence and control over their financial decisions. Our dedicated team of advisors across approximately 100 offices throughout the U.S., develops and implements personalized plans tailored to each client's values and life goals. Our advisors offer an investment platform inclusive of products and services offered by Goldman Sachs and other third parties, including private banking and lending offerings. We consider the relationships with our clients a lifelong partnership, a partnership backed by over 150 years of Goldman Sachs providing consistency, perspective and access as our clients' needs evolve.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Manager of Operations at Goldman Sachs Personal Financial Management ("GS PFM") is an integral part of our team serving as the true connection between our Corporate Office, our Heads of Office (HOO) and office employees. In this role you will perform as an internal champion to support the vision, positive culture and team spirit of GS PFM. The key role of this position is to assist with the management and overall success of many different projects and initiatives by working side-by-side with corporate, field offices and outside vendors. The Manager of Operations has the talent to project manage assignments of all levels. You enjoy and excel at being part of the day to day operations of the office including, human resources, communications, investment management, compliance and technology.
This position requires a pro-active approach and an ability to independently carry out the duties of the position. The ideal candidate will exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, good judgment, and an ability to take initiative, and prioritize daily tasks. The ability to effectively manage time and multi-task with attention to detail is critical to this role. Manager of Operations must be confident about decision-making under uncertainty and under extreme time pressure.
- ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and promote a positive team culture, champion change so that the reasoning and benefits of change are well understood at the office level.
- Ensure new hires receive the appropriate training so that they can become highly productive as quickly as possible.
- Manage the internal hiring process for all new employees ensuring defined process is followed and appropriate paperwork completed and submitted to People & Organization Department.
- Ensures benefit enrollments, performance reviews, salary increases and bonuses are completed and submitted to People and Organization Department (MOO may not be involved in the content or decisions, but does ensure completion by team and HOO to meet deadlines)
- Act as central point of communication within the office. Communicate, promote and support initiatives and goals communicated through the DOO channel.
- Attend all Director of Operations Communication and Training Calls and Meetings, including Annual Conference
- Assist with the facilitation of weekly or bi-weekly staff meetings with your team.
- Hold weekly or bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with your Head(s) of Office
- Escalate issue as needed with custodians, corporate departments and third party vendors
- Assist with the facilitation of weekly Case Prep meetings, ensuring team is ready and prepped for upcoming client meetings
- Work with HOO to ensure Salesforce is properly used and maintained by all in the local office
- Partner with HOO to ensure offices support GS PFM's Unified Branding; and leverages standard UC collateral
- Work with HOO to ensure local office tracks Guidance adoption in Salesforce
- Provide oversight and manage the completion of the Guidance Quarterly Audit
- Partner with HOO to ensure office has an executed Delivery of Services Statement for all Guidance clients
- Work with the HOO to ensure local office is following GS PFM's compliance standards and protocols
- Provide assistance with the submission and review process for all marketing materials
- Manage and oversee the compliance annual review process, as well as Quarterly Office Review Form
- Assist with the fee audit process by ensuring the performance on the security, portfolio and household level is calculated correctly and timely
- Work with the local office to ensure the quality of the portfolio accounting is accurate and timely
- Work with HOO on preparation and creation of annual budget process
- Assist with the local office budget and management of A/R
- Submit, review and process all invoices, check requests and office expenses
- Participation and attendance on Technology & Platform related calls
- Maintain copies of the Business Continuity Plan and understand the execution of it
- Active participation on all Certification related calls; Partner with HOO to track progress on Certification Dashboard
- Strive to maintain a B or Better in each criterion for a Certified Office
- Coordination of internal resources to achieve or maintain Certified Office Status
- Partner with HOO to ensure local office staff is focusing on improvements to adhere to Certification standards
- Assist with the management and coordination of internal and external resources to bring on recruits
- Assist with the management and coordination of organic growth strategies execution, Salesforce tracking and results
Experience and Education:
- A bachelor's degree and/or related work experience is preferred
- Ideally 2-3 years of experience in a financial services firm assisting with day to day operations
- Experience sourcing and interviewing is a plus
- Experience working with Custodians (Fidelity, Schwab, etc.) is a plus
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Proficient in Google Apps
- Knowledge computerized accounting systems is a plus
- Knowledge Salesforce or other CRM is preferred
- Assisting with Budget and P&L
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top