CIMD Operations - Goldman Sachs Asset Management - Trade Management Team - Vice President - Dallas
- Dallas, TX
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm of the firm. GSAM Operations provides service delivery and risk management in order to create a rigorous control environment for the investment management process. It consists of three broad functional areas, Trade Management, Portfolio Data & Control, and Client Management.
The Trade Management team has primary responsibility of mitigating risk for all aspects of trade flow, settlement risk management, collateral management and counterparty liaison. The group has extensive interaction with the trading desks, technology, brokers and clients to ensure effective oversight for existing business and also to shape and implement solutions for new products, strategies and systems.
Specifically, the role involves:
- People management responsibilities for a team in Dallas.
- Oversight of team day to day responsibilities and escalations.
- Supporting traders and portfolio managers across various asset management businesses.
- Problem solving capability for complex trade flow, accounting issues and trade discrepancies.
- Process analysis to improve control, scalability and efficiency.
- Providing project management leadership and/or support for new and existing products, with an emphasis on co-operation with Information Technology for the development and enhancement of processes and systems.
- Building relationships with outside financial institutions (brokers, custodians, prime broker and fund administrator) to improve quality and productivity of work, integrating best practices as appropriate.
- Providing regular and ad hoc management information on STP rates, risks and volumes.
- Provide regular management reporting to senior Operations managers and the business.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in financial services.
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability and a control mentality paired with attention to detail.
- Aptitude for building relationships and the ability to communicate complex issues to key stakeholders with differing levels of product experience.
- Ability to quickly identify and learn pertinent information across wide range of businesses.
- Proactive and self-motivated team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects as well as flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
- Previous experience providing oversight to a team of individuals
- Preference of asset management or middle office experience (experience or solid understanding of Private Investments/Bank Loan confirmations/settlements or related trade support functions preferred).
- Understanding of industry agenda & platforms (e.g. DTC, SWIFT, FED, Trade Warehouse, IHS Markit: ClearPar, WSO, Loan Platforms and Counterparty Manager) is a plus.
- Fail trade/payment investigation experiences preferred.
- Experience in broker and/or client facing activities.
- Capability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate ability to identify inter-relationships and understand the broad impacts of work and projects across the organization.
- Strong interest in Operations and asset management trade support and/or middle office.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top