CIMD Operations - Asset Management - Trade Management - Analyst - Jersey City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm of the firm. GSAM Operations provides service delivery and risk management in order to create a rigorous control environment for the investment management process. It consists of three broad functional areas, Trade Management, Portfolio Data & Control, and Client Management.
The Trade Management team has primary responsibility of mitigating risk for all aspects of trade flow, settlement risk management, collateral management and counterparty liaison. The group has extensive interaction with the trading desks, technology, brokers and clients to ensure effective oversight for existing business and also to shape and implement solutions for new products, strategies and systems.
Specifically, the role involves:
- Supporting traders and portfolio managers across various asset management businesses.
- Trade & payment confirmation / instruction.
- Monitor daily reconciliations between various trading systems.
- Interface with the Trading and brokers to resolve day to day issues and ensure efficient settlement of trading activity.
- Problem solving capability for complex trade flow, accounting issues and trade discrepancies.
- Process analysis to improve control, scalability and efficiency.
- Manage collateral across various derivative instruments.
- Providing project management leadership and/or support for new and existing products, with an emphasis on co-operation with Information Technology for the development and enhancement of processes and systems.
- Building relationships with outside financial institutions (brokers, custodians, prime broker and fund administrator) to improve quality and productivity of work, integrating best practices as appropriate.
- Providing regular and ad hoc management information on STP rates, risks and volumes.
- Proactively identifying opportunities and enhancements to improve functions.
- Maintain team procedures and provide regular management reporting to senior Operations managers and the business.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 2 year of professional experience.
- At least 2 year of professional experience with financial products, knowledge in one, or more, derivative/core products with an interest to expand into other areas.
- Preference of at least 2 year asset management or middle office experience (experience or solid understanding of OTC derivatives/Mortgages/Mutual Funds/Private Investments/Bank Loan confirmations/settlements or related trade support functions preferred).
- Understanding of industry agenda & platforms (e.g. DTC, ClearPar, SWIFT, FED, Oasys, MBSE, DTCC, Trade Warehouse,
- Swaps wire etc) is a plus.
- Fail trade/payment investigation experiences preferred.
- Experience in broker and/or client facing activities.
- Capability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, self motivated individual with high levels of ownership, and driven to achieve.
- Demonstrates ability to independently troubleshoot and resolve most common problems that arise.
- Demonstrates ability to apply re-engineering methodologies to processes and execute solutions.
- Demonstrate ability to identify inter-relationships and understand the broad impacts of work and projects across the organization.
- Possesses excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interest in Operations and asset management trade support and/or middle office.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top