CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - US Deposits Fraud Strategy - Associate - Bengaluru
- Bangalore, India
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Rapidly prototype early-stage solutions, design and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms to drive business decisions throughout the customer lifecycle
- Understand the systems and the business processes that populate those systems with data
- Carry out data processing including statistical analysis, variable selection, and dimensionality reduction, custom attribute engineering, as well as the evaluation of new data sources
- Leverage methods from diverse disciplines such as traditional modeling, machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence, statistical modelling, information theory, information retrieval and other areas to gain customer insights, draw conclusions and implement them with business partners
- Partner with technology to implement models/algorithms in production
- Understand finance, banking regulation and performance metrics including ROE and ROA
- Create mathematical models of financial instruments including structured products to conduct valuation and to compute risk metrics
- Document your assumptions and methodologies, as well as carry out validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews and independent model validation
- Think strategically proposing new business metrics or suggesting alternatives, creating highly interpretive models that imply new context and new semantics for data
- BS/MS or PhD in a quantitative field - Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics and other Quantitative fields
- Quantitative background including an understanding of data science, probability and statistics
- Strong programming background in compiled or scripting languages (C/C++, Python, R, Java)
- Ability to explain complex models and analysis to diverse audience
- Experience in Consumer Lending, developing Underwriting, Collections or Marketing models
- Familiarity with advanced ML models - neural networks (feed forward, CNNs, RNNs, LSTM), Hidden Markov Models, random forests, SVMs, multivariate analysis, clustering, dimensionality reduction or participation in Kaggle data science competitions
- Experience with distributed computing (Hadoop, Spark)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top