CIMD- Marcus by Goldman Sachs- Underwriting Team Lead - Vice President - Salt Lake City
CONSUMER ( MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS )
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Lead and train an underwriting team in issuance of originations and ongoing portfolio management actions
- Design and continuously improve end-to-end underwriting process and procedure in partnership with credit policy and credit operation team
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory laws including exception tracking and reporting to Compliance or 2 nd line of defense
- Analyze credit bureau data to identify and derive attributes for credit risk decision to identify new opportunities for policy enhancements using either internal or external data
- Detail underwriting analysis in a formal credit memorandum including, when applicable, senior-level executive approval
- Work closely with Federation partners, including Legal, Compliance and Business Risk
- Own responsibility for credit-centric remediation and posting groups on continued progress
- Build and optimize existing customer management strategies to improve loss targets
- Keep up to date with applicable regulations and compliance requirements with possible interactions with internal and external regulators
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/DEGREE AND FIELD:
Bachelor's degree (US or foreign equivalent) in Business or STEM fields.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Eight (8) years of experience in the job offered or in a similar role.
- Using advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel (including creation of pivot tables, logic functions, data tables and regression analysis), PowerPoint and Word
- Building, improving, or analyzing risk management strategies for an unsecured consumer or small business lending product
- Utilizing knowledge of U.S. credit bureau data, Risk Scorecards and ability to pay
- Managing several projects simultaneously and driving end-to-end project delivery
- Experience building credit strategy for digital acquisition channels
- Visualizing complex data analyses and communicating to a wide variety of audiences, including senior leadership
- Developing policy and procedures documentation for credit risk strategy execution
- Developing and automating quality control process to ensure intended execution of credit strategies
- Deep understanding of income and debt relationship in the context of credit underwriting that includes but not limited to design income verification requirements
- Leading people or end to end in an underwriting department
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top