CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Strategic Initiatives & Execution Team - Project Manager - Associate - New York City
CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Drive executional excellence, ensuring successful delivery of projects against strategic priorities; framing decisions around business drivers, scope, time, cost and quality
- Partner extensively with Product, Technology, Business Development, Risk Management, Finance and other functional teams on key projects, from ideation to implementation
- Take complete ownership of projects and initiatives, carefully managing business case, scope, schedule, risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies and interim milestones
- Deliver on milestones and objectives, in line with the overall project plan
- Manages and is accountable for the completion and follow through of assigned projects.
- Documents how the project scope will be defined, managed, controlled, verified and communicated to the project team, stakeholders and customers.
- Manages, plans and coordinates project activities to ensure goals and objectives are identified, documented and accomplished within agreed schedules and recognized constraints.
- Leads quality project meetings including providing agendas and meeting minutes.
- Develops and delivers necessary presentations including supporting documentation to all levels throughout the organization.
- Self-directed team player, ability to drive high performance and work independently or in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Proven ability to lead by example, with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to set, meet and exceed targets
- Ability to manage change
- Banking experience
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Experience project managing the delivery of a new product or significant product change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project management and program management skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels and across functions within an organization
- Ability to develop excellent relationships at all levels within an organization
- Ability to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation/execution
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time
- Strong sense of detail and urgency, with the ability to motivate others to deliver
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top