CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Strategic Initiative & Execution Team - Project Manager - Associate - Chicago
- Chicago, IL
CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Drive executional excellence, ensuring successful delivery of projects against strategic priorities; framing decisions around business drivers, scope, time, cost and quality
- Partner extensively with Product, Technology, Business Development, Risk Management, Finance and other functional teams on key projects, from ideation to implementation
- Take complete ownership of projects and initiatives, carefully managing business case, scope, schedule, risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies and interim milestones
- Deliver on milestones and objectives, in line with the overall project plan
- Manages and is accountable for the completion and follow through of assigned projects.
- Documents how the project scope will be defined, managed, controlled, verified and communicated to the project team, stakeholders and customers.
- Manages, plans and coordinates project activities to ensure goals and objectives are identified, documented and accomplished within agreed schedules and recognized constraints.
- Leads quality project meetings including providing agendas and meeting minutes.
- Develops and delivers necessary presentations including supporting documentation to all levels throughout the organization.
- Self-directed team player, ability to drive high performance and work independently or in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Proven ability to lead by example, with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to set, meet and exceed targets
- Ability to manage change
- Banking experience
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Experience project managing the delivery of a new product or significant product change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project management and program management skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels and across functions within an organization
- Ability to develop excellent relationships at all levels within an organization
- Ability to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation/execution
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time
- Strong sense of detail and urgency, with the ability to motivate others to deliver
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top