CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Product Manager - Analyst- San Francisco
CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking to apply your analytical and creative skills to deliver positive and frictionless digital customer experiences? We are looking for a product manager to join our growing consumer team focused on platform products with external partners. The ideal candidate is resourceful and detail-oriented with prior experience as a product manager on an agile team, collaborating closely with external partners and developers to bring digital customer products to market.
As a digital product manager, you will engage with key stakeholders across business, product, engineering and customer service teams to develop, prioritize and build the product roadmap for our credit card business. You will be charged to continually identify customer experience improvements and drive the development process to ship new features and functionality.
This is an opportunity to make an impact in the industry - delivering value to the customer through thoughtfully curated features and delightful experiences. In this role, you will join a team committed to superior customer experience, operating at a fast pace to improve and extend the consumer product line.
- Define and iterate OKRs within mission driven team that support executive KPIs and priorities
- Design product features for end-to-end experiences, from customer-driven APIs to call center systems
- Write user stories using control-driven design principles with detailed acceptance criteria
- Groom user and technical stories with developers and validate that features meet expectations through product testing and user journeys
- Create and track success metrics to measure the effectiveness of product features and quantify business impact
- Drive deep into data and establish feedback loops with customer service and social monitoring teams for deeper understanding of customer needs, product behavior and sentiment
- Prioritize a product backlog, using domain expertise, customer insights and market research to make informed trade-offs between new feature development, platform investment and optimizations
- Conduct market and user research to inform and refine proposals
- Build consensus with a broad team of internal cross-functional and external stakeholders, ensuring all viewpoints are accounted for and that solutions meet all necessary requirements
- Collaborate with other internal and external product managers and diverse cross-functional teams to ensure cohesiveness of the overall product experience
- 2-4 years of project or product based experience with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- High emotional intelligence, with an innate ability to recognize and understand the emotions and needs of others
- Aptitude for logically breaking down complex problems and communicating solutions with clarity
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership of and accountability for initiatives
- Strong organizational skills, such as effectively managing evolving priorities and strict deadlines
- Preference to work in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment with heavy emphasis on teamwork, consensus and relationships
- Proficient in major product management applications (i.e. Jira, Confluence) and analytical tools (i.e. Snowflake SQL queries, Tableau data visualizations)
- Experience with consumer products/services, with emphasis on credit card products and mobile applications
- Experience building and using technical products and tools (e.g. APIs, Postman)
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top