CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Portfolio and Customer Analytics - Associate/Vice President - New York City
CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
In this role you'll apply your strong analytical background and leadership skills to build a high performing customer and business insights discipline for our new high growth Credit Card product platform. You and your team will uncover and share insights on marketing, product usage and business results. You'll identify and measure key metrics and you will create dashboards and ad-hoc reports to share with cross-functional teams.
You will engage with and influence executive stakeholders across business, product, credit, fraud and servicing teams to uncover issues and opportunities in the business. You'll train and mentor junior team members and colleagues on data and analytics best practices. And you'll help drive and track the insights into tangible outcomes, which may include product, policy or process changes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make an impact in a rapidly-growing business.
- Quickly become an expert in our business, product and data structure
- Own and prioritize reporting/analytics backlog- making informed tradeoffs between urgent and important projects
- Pursue, discover and highlight insights and potential areas of improvement for the business
- Share and present findings, then help influence others to turn insights into actions
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders (e.g. Product, Credit, Fraud, Servicing and Data Engineering) to define and prioritize key analyses for ongoing management of our business
- 4-10 years of professional experience, with a high degree of personal accountability for results
- Demonstrated analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to share complex insights succinctly
- Experience with key product and business concepts of consumer financial products, ideally credit cards.
- Comfort presenting findings in meetings with peers and sr business leaders
- Organization and project management skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Languages: SQL - required; Python/Pyspark - preferred
- BI and Analytics Tools: Tableau, Snowflake, Databricks, Splunk, Alation or other visualization tools (experience with any/all preferred)
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top