CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Platform APIs and Services - Product Manager - Associate - Bengaluru
- Bangalore, India
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
C ONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is looking for a data-focused, detail-oriented, entrepreneurial product manager to build the future of Marcus with the Platform Product Management team. You will work with product and engineering teams focused on building scalable foundational services that power Marcus's lines of business and operations. You will lead critical parts of Marcus Platform's long-term growth strategy. This is an influential and impactful role that solves to empower consumers financially. The ideal candidate is resourceful and detail-oriented with a penchant for moving fast, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to bring digital customer products to market.
As a Platform Product Manager, you will engage with key stakeholders across business, product, engineering and operations to execute on a comprehensive Marcus product roadmap. You will have ownership and continually identify ways to hone the development process, shipping new features and functionality seamlessly. You will join a team of creative and driven product managers to help build the foundation of the Marcus Platform. You will write product specifications, partner closely with engineering to refine requirements, manage project execution, and focus on quality of core services that power our businesses.
Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance. Learn from the foremost experts with diverse academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds. Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance your career.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding of microservices oriented architecture and the systemic layers involved in integrating microservices
- Ensure a high-quality and consistent API experience
- Optimizing API usability, contracts and scalability
- Manage API versioning, roadmap, business priorities and investment trade-offs
- Articulate the business benefits of the API to internal and external stakeholders
- Use business and technical metrics to communicate API benefits and promote adoption.
- Dive deep into data and establish feedback loops with engineering, product management, customer service, and social monitoring teams for deeper understanding and response to customer needs, product behavior and sentiment
- Innovate and develop product initiatives using first principles
- Define and iterate Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that align executive KPIs and strategic priorities
- Design product features for end-to-end experiences, from customer-driven APIs to operations
- Write user stories using control-driven design principles with detailed acceptance criteria
- Groom user and technical stories with developers and validate that features meet expectations through product testing and user journeys
- Create and track success metrics to measure the effectiveness of product features and quantify business impact
- Prioritize product backlogs, using event logs, domain expertise, customer insights and market research to make informed trade-offs between new feature development, platform investment and optimizations
- Build consensus with a broad team of internal cross-functional and external stakeholders, ensuring all viewpoints are accounted for and that solutions meet all necessary requirements
- Collaborate with other internal and external product managers and diverse cross-functional teams to ensure cohesiveness of the overall end-to-end experiences Solicit stakeholder input and coordinate amongst multiple groups to inform requirements
- Understand, document, and improve existing processes in order to maximize efficiency in constantly evolving environments
- Participate in ideation activities, product feasibility assessments, business case preparation, and overall product definition (feature lists and prioritization)
- 2 - 4 years of product or project management experience with strong technical background
- Aptitude for logically breaking down complex problems and communicating solutions with clarity
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership of and accountability for initiatives
- Strong organizational skills, such as effectively managing evolving priorities and strict deadlines
- Preference to work in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment with heavy emphasis on teamwork, consensus and relationships
- Work independently within set guidelines and be able to balance quality work while meeting short deadlines
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional follow-through, attention to detail, and integrity
- 2-4 years of hands-on technical product management, 4+ years of large scale technical project management, or 3+ years of software development
- Experience with consumer products/services, with emphasis on financial products requiring compliance review
- Proficient in major product management applications (i.e. Jira, Confluence) and analytical tools (i.e. SQL queries, Tableau data visualizations)
- Experience building and using technical products and tools (e.g. APIs, B2B services)
- Prior experience in the financial (or related) industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top