CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Loan Fraud Strategy - Vice President - Richardson, TX or Draper, UT
- Richardson, TX
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are a team of critical thinkers working with groups across all areas of the firm to design and deliver industry-leading solutions for the consumer businesses that also help to transform the broader Bank. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding our principles of customer focus, process innovation and risk management. The Fraud Strategy team reports into the Chief Risk Officer for the Consumer Marcus business. This is a high impact and fast paced role with an opportunity to develop baseline strategies for new business initiates as well as optimize existing fraud programs.
We are seeking an experienced Fraud strategy leader for the Marcus Lending business. You will be responsible for the design, development and execution of a comprehensive fraud strategy as well as managing fraud reporting and monitoring . This role requires the candidate to be able to analyze fraud trends, develop fraud strategies and implement the fraud rules needed to address current as well as evolving fraud threats.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in the prevention of both Identity and 1 st party fraud . The ideal candidate will also have a passion for use of innovative technology-driven solutions to provide world class customer experiences within the established risk thresholds of the business and experience leveraging multiple disparate data sources in an integrated decision engine in order to make real time decisions on applicants. The candidate must be able to collaborate across divisions to deliver enterprise fraud initiatives and have experience working with internal and external governance teams including Fraud Operations, Financial Crimes (AML), Compliance, Decision Sciences and Technology.
- Use a data-driven approach to understand fraud risk and design effective Identity theft and other fraud prevention program
- Develop innovative solutions for strategy enhancement and portfolio monitoring
- Provide recommendation for enhancement to the fraud strategy
- Participate in Product, Product strategy, data architecture decisions and partner with technology teams to implement strategies in production
- Identify and develop process improvements to maximize efficiency of fraud detection activities as required
- Research and remain current on the latest industry fraud trends and recommend tools, services and practices for improvement
- Review, evaluate and drive selection of new vendors or technologies to enhance the fraud strategy and mitigate emerging risks
- Work directly with the Fraud Operations leadership team responsible for execution of the fraud strategy
- At least 7 years+ of relevant industry experience in fraud prevention strategy and analytics
- Bachelor's (Master's preferred) degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field
- Well versed in all loss types and can readily identify the characteristics of each when present on an account including identity theft and 1 st party fraud
- Strong people leader
- Experience with utilizing R, Python for statistical analysis
- Experience with developing comprehensive data-driven risk management strategy
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Proactive, flexible and ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top