CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Head of Credit Risk - Managing Director - Wilmington, Delaware
- Wilmington, DE
CONSUMER ( MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS )
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $90 billion in deposits, $7 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you passionate about leading high performance teams in analyzing data, finding insights and using them to build strategies for card and consumer lending business? We're looking for a professional to join our Risk Management team who wants to use their expertise and ideas to build an end-to-end credit risk management program for digital lending businesses (credit card, personal loans, POS financing and small business financing) at Marcus by Goldman Sachs.
The Credit Risk team develops, implements and maintains the underwriting strategy as well as customer management strategies for the card and consumer lending business at Marcus by Goldman Sachs. We leverage traditional, alternative and behavioral data to create an underwriting and portfolio management policy that helps ensure risk-adjusted returns that meet out hurdle rate. We work together with data science, marketing, product and engineering teams to help create a product and experience that puts the customer at the center of everything we do. We look for innovative thinkers with strong problem solving and analytical skills and intellectual curiosity, who want to make an immediate impact on the credit strategy design and help the business manage risk effectively.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Lead development, implementation and maintenance of credit underwriting strategy for lending programs
- Build and optimize existing customer management strategies for risk mitigation and improve customer level profitability
- Partner with marketing, finance and operations teams to ensure adherence to risk appetite and credit risk management framework for appropriate risk adjusted returns
- Design loss forecasting framework and partner with finance and marketing for short term and long term business planning for the responsible business line/ product
- Analyze and evaluate potential vendors and data providers for incremental value in credit management strategies in a continuous improvement environment
- Stay up-to-date on applicable regulations and compliance requirements with possible interactions with internal and external regulators
- Develop analytical reports and presentations for senior management, executive committees and regulatory exams
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's (Master's preferred) degree (U.S. or equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field
- 10+ years of leadership experience directly managing a credit function related to underwriting and/or portfolio management. Prior chief credit officer experience preferred.
Prior work experience must include
- Building, improving or analyzing underwriting and Portfolio management strategies in consumer or small business lending. Experience in co-branded credit products a plus.
- Utilizing knowledge of U.S. credit bureau data, alternate data, business bureau data, risk scorecards
- Familiarity with different consumer and small business lending practice in industry ranging from traditional banks to innovative fintech and relevant service providers
- Experience with regulatory exams related to consumer lending businesses
- Deep understanding of analytics practice utilizing SAS, R, Python (or similar) using large transactional and time series data
- Visualizing complex data analyses and communicating to a wide variety of audiences, including senior leadership
- Managing several projects simultaneously and driving end-to-end project delivery
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top