CIMD- Marcus by Goldman Sachs- Fraud Servicing Specialist- Draper, UT
CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Accessing multiple electronic systems and document steps taken to efficiently service the customer.
- Determine action required based on established procedures to protect the Bank's assets; work with supervisor on handling more complex cases.
- Place appropriate hold on accounts deemed to have fraudulent activity and take appropriate steps to secure the account. Track and document action taken in a timely and correct manner to provide a record of activity and meet audit and compliance requirements.
- Communicate, in a professional manner, with customers, merchants, financial institutions, and other personnel to resolve system problems or request additional information and / or documentation to support a decision on whether fraudulent activity has occurred.
- Provide support to frontline Savings Specialists to ensure appropriate steps are taken on high-risk accounts.
- Review new account applications and use the appropriate fraud prevention tools to determine if the application can be approved.
- Speak with victims of identity theft and provide appropriate talking points while ensuring both the victim and the Bank are secured.
- Review documentation and be able to assess the validity of those documents.
- Place and/or take calls as escalated and requested by Compliance partners or team leaders.
- Communicate effectively with the Fraud Operations Team to work and resolve complex issues and escalated situations.
- Participate in projects and initiatives such as, but not limited to: driving down fraud-related complaints and making the overall customer/fraud experience seamless.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years related customer service experience or fraud experience
- Strong understanding of the customer service experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to positively impact team culture and effectiveness
- Ability to communicate and work well with others
- Strong understanding of red flags in a financial institution environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top