CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Fraud Operations - Analyst - Richardson/Draper
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
We are seeking an experienced fraud operations team leader for our retail US deposits platform. Candidates must have direct management experience in the day to day operations management of all aspects of fraud prevention and mitigation including transaction, payment and identify fraud. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in detecting and investigating fraud with the ability to design and implement processes. Responsibilities in this role include:
- Lead, manage and supervise the day-to-day operations of a team of fraud specialists.
- Create and maintain an environment with intense focus on risk mitigation and fraud prevention.
- Serves as a SME and coach for sound fraud practices in retail deposits.
- Manages the individual performance of the team, rewarding behaviors and/or performance when appropriate as well as addressing performance and behavioral issues as they arise
- Identify risk and prevent loss from fraud reports, referrals from fraud email box, and return items (multiple sources/platforms).
- Make sound subjective decisions to close risky relationships, place and remove restrictions on accounts, return ACH/cancel wires.
- Investigate risk identified through new account filters from new account opening process.
- Investigate check and ACH returns and rejects. Review and investigate Fraud referrals.
- Run and review pro-active risk reports, conduct research using third party data sources to validate monetary and non-monetary transactions.
- Update and maintain alerts, case management databases to document outcomes and hand-offs.
- Relevant industry expertise in a portfolio of large scale accounts
- 1-3 years of experience with direct management of internal fraud operations
- Broad based knowledge of all aspects of fraud and operations including applicable regulatory requirements
- Strong understanding of key performance metrics and drivers
- Ability to communicate effectively with operations leadership as well as junior fraud specialists
- Ability to establish and maintain a culture of risk management and compliance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top