CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Digital Finance - Vendor Relationship Management Associate/ Analyst - Salt Lake City
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Business Management team of Marcus is responsible for the strategic focus and management of Marcus. The team aligns itself across all Marcus businesses to centralize third party/vendor business engagements, strategic recommendations, budgeting and expense management and general business administration. Joining this team will give you the opportunity to shape the future state of the firm's innovative consumer-facing businesses while strengthening your knowledge of the industry.
Strategic Engagements is responsible for sourcing, engaging and building upon third party relationships for Marcus across various business lines in an effort to generate bottom-line savings and accretive solutions for our customers, the firm and Marcus. This team offers a unique opportunity to strategically guide third party engagements for a new consumer digital finance brand in the industry. As a member of the team, you will develop consumer finance industry knowledge at the vendor level, refine your risk management skills and learn to manage third party risk for Goldman Sachs.
- Must be self-directed, organized, positive, driven, detail-oriented and effective in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with senior management and stakeholders across multiple business units/divisions
- 0-4 years of relevant financial industry / vendor management experience preferred
- Previous vendor management, risk management and / or auditing experience preferred
- Partner with the Marcus vendor relationship owners to manage the day-to-day relationship with Marcus vendors including performing appropriate due diligence, ensuring a contract is in place, applying the correct level of oversight and onboarding and offboarding vendors, as appropriate
- Prepare and review performance reports with vendors, while ensuring appropriate evidence exists to support compliance with the Policy and Program requirements
- Track and manage vendor risks, incidents and performance issues, and escalate as needed
- Ensure adherence to vendor contracts, including SLAs and KPIs
- Prepare, track and maintain reports for Marcus / firm management on overall service provider / vendor management issues, including related risks and other metrics
- Excellent relationship management, risk management and communication skills
- Confidence and ability to interact effectively with business stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top