CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Deposit Fraud Operations Team Leader - Analyst - Richardson/Draper
CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
We are seeking an experienced fraud operations team leader for our retail US deposits platform. Candidates must have direct management experience in the day to day operations management of all aspects of fraud prevention and mitigation including transaction, payment and identify fraud. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in detecting and investigating fraud with the ability to design and implement processes. Responsibilities in this role include:
- Lead, manage and supervise the day-to-day operations of a team of fraud specialists.
- Create and maintain an environment with intense focus on risk mitigation and fraud prevention.
- Serves as a SME and coach for sound fraud practices in retail deposits.
- Manages the individual performance of the team, rewarding behaviors and/or performance when appropriate as well as addressing performance and behavioral issues as they arise
- Identify risk and prevent loss from fraud reports, referrals from fraud email box, and return items (multiple sources/platforms).
- Make sound subjective decisions to close risky relationships, place and remove restrictions on accounts, return ACH/cancel wires.
- Investigate risk identified through new account filters from new account opening process.
- Investigate check and ACH returns and rejects. Review and investigate Fraud referrals.
- Run and review pro-active risk reports, conduct research using third party data sources to validate monetary and non-monetary transactions.
- Update and maintain alerts, case management databases to document outcomes and hand-offs.
- Relevant industry expertise in a portfolio of large scale accounts
- 1-3 years of experience with direct management of internal fraud operations
- Broad based knowledge of all aspects of fraud and operations including applicable regulatory requirements
- Strong understanding of key performance metrics and drivers
- Ability to communicate effectively with operations leadership as well as junior fraud specialists
- Ability to establish and maintain a culture of risk management and compliance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top