CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Decision Management - VP
- New York, NY
CONSUMER ( MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS )
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Identify multitudes of data sources and build processing capability to retain highest degree of information value for credit modelling and strategy development
- Partner with internal teams to understand the data sources and continue to improve the process of data extract/utilization
- Build capability to process hundreds of attributes to run optimization algorithms with complex constraints to determine underwriting decision, loan amount and pricing
- Collaborate with marketing, analytics, decision science, Operations and Technology to help design, build & implement a seamless credit decision framework over customer lifecycle that covers targeting, underwriting, customer management and servicing of loans
- Analyze and evaluate potential vendors/data providers for incremental value in credit management strategies in a continuous improvement environment
- Keep up to date with applicable regulations and compliance requirements with possible interactions with internal and external regulators
- 7+ years of experience working for a financial services company in risk management, technology or other quantitative function
- Master's degree (U.S. or equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field
- Prior experience as a team member or technical lead in any execution process
- Experience building, improving, or analyzing risk management in a digital consumer or small business lendiing context
- Skill utilizing SAS, R, Python (or similar) for advanced statistical analysis for strategy development
- Deep understanding of available technology, products and pain points of credit decision execution
- Experience managing several projects simultaneously and driving end-to-end project delivery
- Hands-on experience with C++, Java, Python or an equivalent programming language, and thorough knowledge of object oriented software engineering concepts
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to articulate complex ideas, express and defend a point of view, and influence outcomes
- Hands on experience on micro-service design and implementation, such as dedicated decision engines and/or orchestration layers
- Expert knowledge of U.S. credit bureau data and Risk Scorecards building infrastructure
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top