CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Credit Analyst - Analyst/Associate - New York
CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
The Credit Risk Strategy team develops, implements and maintains the underwriting strategy as well as customer management strategies for the consumer lending business at Goldman Sachs. We leverage traditional, alternative and behavioral data to create an underwriting policy that helps ensure risk-adjusted returns. We work extensively with the marketing, decision sciences, product and technology teams to help create a product and experience that puts the customer at the center. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an immediate impact on the credit strategy and help the business manage risk effectively.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you passionate about analyzing data, finding insights and using that to build new strategies? We're looking for a professional to join our Credit Risk Strategy team who wants to use their skills and ideas to build the credit strategy for a digital consumer lending business at Goldman Sachs.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Develop, implement and maintain credit underwriting strategy for digital lending products
- Analyze data (e.g. traditional and alternative bureau, behavioral & macroeconomic data) using statistical tools and analytical techniques to generate insights and optimize credit decisions (accept/ decline, pricing and credit line)
- Build and optimize existing customer management strategies to improve customer level profitability.
- Partner with marketing, finance and operations teams to ensure appropriate execution of credit policy requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate potential vendors/data providers for incremental value in credit management strategies in a continuous improvement environment.
- Keep up-to-date on applicable regulations and compliance requirements with possible interactions with internal and external regulators.
- Develop analytical reports and presentations for senior management, executive committees and regulatory exams.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's (Master's preferred) degree (U.S. or equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in the job offered or in a quantitative research position for analyst and 5+ years of experience for associates.
Prior work experience must include:
- Building, improving, or analyzing risk management in a digital consumer or small business lending or similar data driven industries like insurance
- Utilizing knowledge of U.S. credit bureau data, Risk Scorecards and ability to pay quantification
- Utilizing SAS, R, Python (or similar) for statistical modeling and analyzing time-series data
- Using advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel (including creation of pivot tables, logic functions, data tables and regression analysis), PowerPoint and Word
- Visualizing complex data analyses and communicating to a wide variety of audiences, including senior leadership
- Developing comprehensive risk management reports using SQL or a similar database query language for extracting data from large datasets
- Managing several projects simultaneously and driving end-to-end project delivery
- Developing policy and procedures documentation for credit risk strategy execution
- Developing and automating quality control process to ensure intended execution of credit strategies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top