CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Creative Director - Vice President - Chicago, IL
- Chicago, IL
CONSUMER ( MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS )
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
THE ROLE: YOUR IMPACT
This Creative Director will have a strong track record for delivering world-class user experiences and lead the team in shaping the creative future of Marcus. Inspire and mentor an ambitious and talented team of designers to ship game-changing products with our product managers and technologists, while focusing on cultivating a culture of collaboration and growth. As a designer-by-training and practiced leader they will contribute to setting the standards for the vision, craft, and creative output of the team.
As a leader across design disciplines the Creative Director should have expertise in user-centered interface design, visual design, and experience design-- designing ecosystems of product experiences (web, mobile, app, email, and informing advertising, out of home, web, print, DM, and social) visual identity, style, and design system, bringing industry best practices, advancements in trends, emerging patterns, and their applicability to our products. Love for style guides and design systems drive your ability to maintain and continue to push our visual identity forward. With a knack for cracking complex problems and crafting them into elegantly simple, intuitive designs with an eye for detail, the Creative Director will pave the way for designers on the team to do the same. This lead should be pushing the boundaries of design and exceptional user experience, while regularly collaborating with Product and Tech teams to bring the voice of the user to life and representing design decisions across the organization. This Creative Director will collaborate with other design leads and directors to foster and maintain a design culture across CIMD, while delivering consistent and extensible experiences that function as a family of services across the group.
- At least 8 years of professional experience designing digital products
- Consumer product design experience
- Experience in design thinking/ human centered design
- Inspire and grow a creative team
- Experience defining creative vision
- Demonstrated experience building relationships and influencing at the executive level
- A proven track record of defining and promoting change and innovation
- Passion for mentoring and teaching
- Great presentation, workshop and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and organization skills
- A positive, constructive can-do attitude
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and to both lead and do
- An obsession with digital trends and design
- Proven ability to translate vision and user feedback into actionable design
- Strong familiarity with data, analytics and technology (both front and back-end)
- The ability to translate concepts into initiatives and systems
- A clean design aesthetic and the ability to simplify the complex
- Consumer banking or FinTech experience
- At least 3 years of experience managing a cross-disciplinary team of designers
- Master's Degree in Design or related field
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top