CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Content/Marketing Designer - Analyst - New York City
CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
The Consumer Business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs is seeking a talented Content/Marketing Designer who has a passion for simple design and shaping user-centric products. Our Content/Marketing Designer will be a key member of our marketing team, helping to produce compelling and effective creative assets to drive user acquisition, increase brand awareness and engagement across our new and existing products. They should exhibit a thoughtful approach for producing creative assets that both satisfy our brand's high visual design standards and drive strong business results.
Our idea candidate will help manage the creation and execution of social media campaigns across properties such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. This person will assist in crafting and executing our social media strategy to power user growth, build audiences, create awareness and help expand and strengthen our social presences. They will also have a commitment to understanding and applying customer and performance data to optimize creatives, as well as the ability to manage production cycles quickly and efficiently.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Lead in the design elements of our social media presence working both within our team and with agency/freelance partners
- Support the Content team in the creation of motion-based and static visual assets
- Work closely with the marketing team to establish weekly creative priorities, align on creative strategy and meet deadlines
- Make bold creative choices and develop assets that push the boundaries of existing formats while driving business results and meeting the standards of our visual identity and brand
- Collaborate with multiple teams internally (Legal, Compliance, Brand, Product, Engineering) to ensure that creatives follow company and regulatory requirements and to improve the quality, efficiency and consistency of communications output
- Reach our audiences effectively and achieve meaningful engagement with them via our content, with the goal of powering organic user growth
- Assist with the conception, creation and execution of social media marketing campaigns and amplifications
- Partner with Compliance and senior stakeholders to monitor comments and help determine when to respond and escalate, if appropriate
- Enforce Social Media Guidelines with the goal of safeguarding social media properties from offensive or off-topic comments
- A self-motivated designer with 1+ years' experience in digital design, motion media, 3D rendering, social media marketing and/or CRM
- Experience managing social media for publishers or brands
- Experience creating animated and static visuals
- Strong editorial judgment, writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work within an existing style and visual guidelines while creating fresh and innovative design
- Savvy user of essential social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram)
- Creative mindset with ability to analytics and performance impact and influence ideas and growth
- Intellectually curious and interested in helping people navigate their financial lives
- Passion for and experience with managing social media presences and an interest in the latest digital trends
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Proactive, team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
- Experience using social media listening tools a plus (e.g. Spredfast Intelligence, Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, Sysomos, Nuvi)
- Background in working with and managing freelancers, agencies and/or social media community managers
- Experience leading live video executions on social such as Facebook Live, Twitter Live and YouTube Live
- Working understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Cinema 4D, Principle and other graphic design services and/or experience in video production; FinalCut Pro, Figma is a plus
- Keen understanding of the ever-changing landscape of performance marketing assets (paid social, display, landing pages, etc.) and channel communications (Email, rich media mobile push notifications, in-app notifications) with a focus on mobile responsiveness
- Demonstrated ability to develop and produce high-performing creative assets with speed and scale
- Strong knowledge of various visual formats - Static, gif, animation/motion graphic, photography and video
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top