CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Business Risk Associate - Richardson/Salt Lake City
- Richardson, TX
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking a business risk professional to support our US Deposits Business Risk team, with a specific focus on checking products. The team is responsible for first-line risk management across the Consumer businesses, including supporting new product and feature development, conducting risk and control assessments, identifying and managing issues, conducting risk-based testing, facilitating risk reporting, and preparing responses for regulators.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with business functions and cross-divisional stakeholders (e.g., technology, operational, and vendor risk) to identify risk-focused requirements associated with build of checking product
- Implement issues management and risk event management framework for both existing and emerging businesses
- Identify and assess business risks and controls, both periodically and in response to new products/features and business environment changes
- Review and provide recommendations regarding business processes associated with emerging or otherwise significant risks
- Work across the consumer businesses to facilitate consistency in risk management approach
- Facilitate issue identification and provide effective challenge to business with respect to! resolution
- Propose and manage analytical risk reporting for the business units
- Coordinate business exam requests, including document collection and written responses
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience
- 4+ years work experience in, or working with, first or second line risk management teams including Business Risk, Operational Risk, Legal, Compliance or Financial Crimes Compliance
- Experience with retail deposits products (checking or other transactional products preferred), including knowledge of business and compliance risk management and applicable regulatory requirements
- Ability to drive a culture of risk management and compliance, while delivering a world class customer experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, key stakeholders and counterparts
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to drive multiple projects concurrently
- Proven ability to apply strategic thinking to complex organizational and business issues
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top