CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Application Fraud Strategy - Analyst/Associate - Richardson, TX
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking highly driven and analytical talents to develop and implement fraud risk management strategy, capability and process for the consumer business Goldman Sachs. The candidate will perform data analysis, leverage machine leaning techniques, and conduct case studies to detect/prevent fraud and provide seamless resolution for good customers. The candidate will work closely with technology, product and operations teams to identify ways to enhance fraud infrastructure, tools and processes to enable a secure and seamless experience for our customers while managing fraud loss and addressing existing and emerging fraud trends.
- Strong data analytical skills, problem solving and technical skills ( proficiency in Python, or similar languages)
- Strong project management skills and attention to details
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to collaboration in a team environment
- Strong commitment and work ethic
- Advance degree is required
- Fraud risk experience is a plus
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Use a data-driven approach to understand fraud risk and design effective Application, Transaction and Payment Fraud prevention programs
- Make recommendations for implementation of changes to the Fraud Strategy
- Execute changes to the fraud strategy (requires proficiency in Python, R or similar languages)
- Establish the appropriate analytical environment and reporting to ensure comprehensive fraud coverage
- Work directly with the Customer Operations leadership team responsible for execution of the fraud strategy
- Supervise high risk investigations on fraudulent applications and suspicious user activity and own strategy changes
- Research and remain current on the latest industry fraud trends and recommend tools, services, and practices for improvement
- Identify and develop process improvements/automation to maximize efficiency of fraud detection activities as required
- Review, evaluate and drive selection of new vendors or technologies to enhance the fraud strategy and mitigate emerging risks
- Proficiency in Python, R, and SQL
- Previous experience building transaction fraud strategies
- Advanced analytical/quantitative and deductive reasoning skills
- Hands on, self-motivated, quick-learner, assertive and well organized
- Ability to work independently, but still be a strong team player
- Previous experience in automation, process optimization and increasing efficiency
- Attention to details and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects
- Decision sciences experience a plus
- Experience with graph databases a plus
- Big data experience a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top