CIMD, GSAM,Client Business, Associate, Corporates Client Relationship Manager, NY
We are seeking a highly motivated team player for an Associate role within the Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) Americas Client Business which is part of the Consumer and Investment Management Division (CIMD). In this role, you will support the day-to-day needs of an Institutional sales team to win new business and retain existing assets.
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Corporates Team is situated within the America Client Business and works primarily with defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans for US corporations. The team is responsible for building deep relationships and finding client solutions covering a broad spectrum of products, including fixed income, equities, hedge funds and private equity. In addition, the team collaborates with clients by providing thought leadership on relevant topics, including asset allocation and portfolio risk analysis. The Corporates team also covers GSAM's Latin American and Canadian clients as well as many Endowments and Foundations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work closely with senior team members to enhance, develop and retain existing client relationships through excellent client service
- Work with senior team members to develop and execute strategic plans for each client, outlining a service plan, specific deliverables and cross selling opportunities
- Build and develop relationships with existing clients with the goal to independently interact and manage own client service relationships
- Ensure all reoccurring and bespoke client requests, including all reporting deliverables, are accurate and met on a timely basis
- Coordinate ongoing client account maintenance items (e.g. cash flows, account updates, guideline changes, client organizational changes, etc.)
- Partner with Portfolio / Product Manager(s) to prepare/review materials and lead portfolio review meetings
- Identify and escalate sensitive client issues to senior team members; coordinate a timely response to the client
- Coordinate with key stakeholders across the Division, including Portfolio Managers, Operations, Compliance, Legal, Technology and Product Managers with a common goal of ensuring client's needs are met
- Partner with senior team members to coordinate prospect pitches, product presentations, requests for proposals (RFPs) and identify new business opportunities
- Build and manage an industry knowledge by staying current on industry publications and newspapers, client web sites, conference materials, consultant and other databases, etc.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 4 years of work experience at an asset management firm or other financial services organization
- Knowledge of, and passion for, the asset management business and capital markets
- Direct client experience
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build trust and confidence of colleagues, strengthen relationships through ongoing dialogue and interactions, and collaborate well with others internally to meet client needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Undergraduate degree in business or finance related studies, preferred
- Series 7, 63 and 3 required, or obtained within 6 months of joining
- Undergraduate degree in business or finance related studies
- MBA or CFA a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top