CIMD, GSAM, UX/UI Designer, Associate - Chicago, IL
- Chicago, IL
GSAM Design is looking for a highly-motivated, versatile UX/UI designer to join our team and is able to work in a collaborative, iterative design organization. The role will be responsible for fine-tuning the interaction design for data-intensive, client facing experiences. The UX/UII designer will obsess over the detail of micro-interactions, transitions, affordances, legibility and other interface-level elements while having a perspective of the larger product design approach and overall design system of the product.
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Over the next few years, some of our highest priority projects are redesigning the digital tools and applications used by GSAM employees and clients by applying user experience principles and techniques. You will help build a living style guide to communicate the design system across GSAM, and be a key contact in conveying the benefits of sound UX/UI methods to the organization.
- Collaborate with product managers, business stakeholders and technologies to understand and act upon key business requirements
- Contribute to new feature definition and exploration from concept through execution within an integrated team that meets business needs, user needs, and technical capabilities
- Deliver design via concept sketches, wireframes, and ultimately production-ready comps
- Design for motion/transition to enhance the feel of the resulting interface
- Create and evolve consistent affordances across the product set to enhance and standardize the usability of the interfaces
- Partner with other UX/UI designers and developers to deploy user-friendly mobile-first customer experiences
- See product additions/enhancements from concept or research to deployment and optimization
- Assist senior design team in creating design rational and specification
- Advocate for clean, simple user-centered interfaces
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 3-4 years of experience in UX / UI design
- Passion for simplicity and user empathy
- Good working command of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping/motion tools such as Principle or AfterEffects
- Experience designing solutions for mobile-first responsive design
- Strong capabilities in overall visual composition: typography, spacing, placement, hierarchy and creating consistent affordances that enhance the usability, and ultimately delight, of the resulting product
- Experience creating simple, usable experiences within a complex systems environment that leverage large amounts of content/data, but provide simple, intuitive interfaces
- Experience/aptitude in UX design (ability to create simpler sitemaps, user journeys, etc.)
- Success creating and launching products/experiences in a large production program with product managers, engineering, and design
- A track record of designing product that has been shipped (concept work is not sufficient)
- Experience working in a production environment, owning detailed deliverables (comps, motion parameters, etc.) needed for engineering to execute components and designs
- Experience delivering work within an established design system
- Ability to create motion and interaction design
- Strong design rationale and defend design decisions with research or industry best practice
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top