CIMD, GSAM Strategic Marketer, Analyst, New York
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This professional will drive client business by developing and implementing global marketing campaigns and strategic initiatives that drive sales and client retention efforts. This individual should be a forward-thinking finance professional and marketer, with demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a holistic marketing program to support the GSAM institutional and retail businesses through content, communications, events and amplification efforts
- Manage large-scale integrated marketing campaigns, from strategic planning and content development, to execution, evaluation and follow up
- Identify opportunities to enhance current end to end client experience via marketing initiatives (email campaigns, events, content)
- Develop and maintain broad knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends and industry developments specific to asset management
- Work with sales management to ensure targeted strategy for client engagement, setting KPIs and measuring impact
- In-depth knowledge of the asset management marketplace, products, clients, regulations, competitors
- Demonstrated aptitude of financial markets and macroeconomic activity to help identify commercial opportunities
- Strong marketing skills in both strategy and execution
- Ability to quickly assess audience and tailor products, campaigns and communications accordingly
- Superior communication and writing skills, both verbal and written
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and develop a clear, compelling story
- Ability to think proactively, not reactively
- Ability to challenge, influence and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought and can be executed well
- Product knowledge, having worked in product management or another area which brings strong product, asset management and mutual fund experience
- Self-motivated and driven, someone looking for a steep growth curve
- Able to assimilate new experiences and learn very quickly
- Demonstrable track record of working effectively with several teams: sales teams, product managers, client service, legal, compliance, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to compare products, markets, clients
- Ability to work at varying speeds and under timeframe pressure, while maintaining extremely high standards
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top