CIMD, GSAM, Renewable Power, Technical Operations, Storage Lead- West Palm Beach
- West Palm Beach, FL
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Renewable Power Group ("RPG") is a rapidly growing team which invests client capital in clean energy assets, including solar and storage. The team sits within Goldman Sachs Asset Management ("GSAM") Credit Alternatives, a boutique investment platform with approximately $8 trillion under management. RPG benefits from an experienced team of solar industry veterans and significant financial backing, which has resulted in meaningful growth since the team was founded in 2017. We have long-term plans to be among the world's largest owners and operators of clean energy assets, and are therefore looking to hire a VP level Engineering Lead for the Technical Operations team out of Boca Raton, FL office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Day to Day Tasks & Responsibilities
- Lead Solar and Storage Engineering functions under GSRP Operations reporting to the VP of Technical Operations
- Supervise in-house team of three (3) or more engineering resources focused on Performance, Solar and Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS)
- Develop and manage relationships with Solar and BESS engineering consulting firms supporting RPG
- Coordinate the support in-house or thru consulting firms of different Operation in the following work-streams:
- Technical evaluation of new acquisition opportunities supporting the Due Diligence (DD) team
- Development and review of design and engineering packages for new build projects supporting the Project Execution (PE) team
- Development and review of design and engineering packages for Solar or Storage systems in the RPG fleet supporting the Asset Management (AM) team
- Develop and manage specific tools to support efficient sizing, preconstruction and bidding of BESS
- Support by directly performing or by managing consulting firms the Due Diligence (DD) team in the technical evaluation of new acquisition opportunities involving Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS). Such evaluation will include work-streams such as:
- Review of As-built/IFC engineering drawings
- Review of Performance reports/operating data
- Review of Equipment manuals and warranty information
- Prepare value engineering and risk analysis in support of acquisition bids
- Support by directly performing or by managing consulting firms the Project Execution (PE) team after acquisition by coordinating design and engineering involving BESS in work-streams such as:
- Prepare value engineering and risk analysis
- Direct and regularly interact with third party engineering provider or EPC and supervise the work from such resources in the development of IFC drawing sets
- Support technical RFI and Changer Order requests
- Coordinate with equipment vendors on all technical matters related to the key equipment for a given project
- Support commissioning of new built sites
- Support by directly performing or by managing consulting firms the Asset Management (AM) team during operations phase by coordinating design and engineering involving BESS in work-streams such as:
- Review and opine on site repair request
- Review and opine on incident events
- Evaluate equipment replacement/repowering options
- Direct and regularly interact with third party engineering provider supervise the work from such resources in the development of repair/repower/replacement drawing sets
- Support technical troubleshooting
- Gather technical lessons learned from DD, PE and AM interaction and update/improve GSRP Design Standards for Solar and BESS systems from time to time
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers of BESS equipment as well as regularly evaluate their product pipeline
- Identify and evaluate technical enhancement opportunities working in conjunction with DD, PE and AM teams and other RPG teams
- Support Project Management Office (PMO) team in the development and improvement of technical related processes
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Solar Engineering with excellent understanding of solar project technical characteristics.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in BESS Engineering with excellent understanding of solar project technical characteristics.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading engineering teams
- Engineering BSc Degree required; Masters preferred
- Expert knowledge of renewable energy engineering documents
- Working knowledge of key renewable energy document types: project agreements and permits
- Proficient in: HomerPro, AutoCAD, PVsyst, PlantPredict, Helioscope, Excel, Word, Smartsheet
- Very organized and able to multitask effectively
- Good communicator both written and verbal skill
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a team and 3 rd party resources
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and determination to complete difficult projects.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Highly developed sense of professional ethics.
- Ability to work both on a team as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy.
- Commitment to quality.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top