CIMD, GSAM Operations, Trade Management, Analyst/Associate, Singapore
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the globe. Alongside this integral service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Behind every trade executed, every new product launched, every market entered, and every transaction completed is an Operations team that develops the foundational processes and controls that make our business flow.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm of the firm. As a leading player in the asset management world, GSAM makes pioneering industry improvements a priority across all of its sectors. The Trade Management team has primary responsibility of mitigating risk throughout all aspects of trade flow, settlement, and collateral management.
Are you looking to expand your understanding of financial products and be well versed on the life cycle of a trade? Our Trade Management team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with traders, portfolio managers and external counterparties to ensure all trades are communicated, confirmed, and settled to safeguard our clients and funds.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade lifecycle by interacting with traders, strategists, clients, and technologists to work toward the shared goal of risk mitigation.
- Connect daily with traders. Trust Banks and brokers to resolve issues and ensure timely settlement of trades.
- Understand and improve problem solving capability for complex trade flow, accounting issues, and transactional discrepancies.
- Leverage your quantitative skills to decompose processes to improve control and scale of the business.
- Provide reporting to senior leadership and produce insightful analyses of the business upon request for management.
- Grow with the team; develop a deeper understanding of complex transactions and work with our business partners to progress our trade capture capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of ~3-5 years of professional experience Knowledge of financial products, whether academically or professionally acquired
- Proven ability to effectively manage competing priorities and to work well under pressure in a team environment High level of discretion and awareness of accountability
- Analytical skills and interest in developing problem-solving capabilities
- Work experience in financial services and Japanese Language proficiency is preferred
- Comprehension of industry agenda and platforms
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top