CIMD, GSAM, GPS, Lead Portfolio Management, Analyst -Tokyo
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions, engage with clients and lead change across the infrastructure.
Global Portfolio Solutions (GPS) is a multi-asset class investing group that sits within the Investment Management Division at Goldman Sachs. It designs and develops comprehensive investment management solutions customised to meet the investment objectives and relevant constraints of clients. These solutions bring together state-of-the-art techniques for multi-asset portfolio design and implementation and reflect proprietary research conducted by the GPS team. With over 150 professionals across the globe, GPS invests or advises on over $107bn in assets across the world's leading corporations, sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations and wealth management groups.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a member of the Lead Portfolio Management Team within GPS, the person will have responsibility for supervising multi-asset class portfolios with the rest of the global team. Also the person will have opportunities for providing contents in knowledge transfer to sophisticated investors, distributors and/or advisors. The role will primarily be covering GSAM's multi-asset fund range and wealth management solutions for both of institutional investors and individuals. This role is client facing and highly analytical, focusing on developing and communicating customised investment solutions and asset market views to Japanese clients.
Core responsibilities to support key LPM roles in GPS team globally including
- establishing client relationships by understanding investment issues in Japanese prospects/clients to propose new strategies that enhance investment outcomes
- contents developments for valuable knowledge transfer to Japanese clients
- clients communications throughout creating documentations such as requests for proposals, reporting and presentation materials to deliver to Japanese prospects/clients
Other required skills/experience:
- Aspiring a successful long-term career toward a trusted advisor and a partner with CIOs in sophisticated investors/distributors in Japan
- Business quality in Japanese language skills including reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Voluntary efforts to earn quantitative skills in portfolio engineering or math finance
- Under studies for or qualified in CMA, CFA or Actuarial certificates
- Capable of communicating and marketing complex ideas/strategies to clients/prospects of varying levels of sophistication in both large and small audiences
- Balance b/w market savvy / practices and investment theories
- Single-asset expertise not declined, multi-asset expertise not necessary but valuable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top