CIMD, GSAM, Credit Alternatives, Technical Operations Project Manager, Analyst/Associate
- West Palm Beach, FL
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Renewable Power Group ("RPG") is a rapidly growing team which invests client capital in clean energy assets, including solar and storage. The team sits within Goldman Sachs Asset Management ("GSAM") Credit Alternatives, a boutique investment platform with approximately $8 trillion under management. RPG benefits from an experienced team of solar industry veterans and significant financial backing, which has resulted in meaningful growth since the team was founded in 2017. We have long-term plans to be among the world's largest owners and operators of clean energy assets, and are therefore looking to hire an Associate level Project Manager to support the Technical Operations team out of Boca Raton, FL office.
Day to Day Tasks & Responsibilities
- Lead Due Diligence (DD) process under the Technical Operations team
- Support Business Development in forming relationships with 3 rd party Sellers
- Direct and regularly interact with 3 rd Party Advisors during DD
- Track progress and schedule throughout the DD process
- Evaluate seller provided documentation and translate into critical opportunity/project level data for intake into of GSRP management platform. Such documentation will include:
- Technical docs (as-built engineering drawings, performance reports, manuals, warranty information)
- Contracts (offtake, interconnection, land control docs)
- Permits (discretionary and ministerial)
- Work with all relevant stakeholders to ensure that the DD process is run efficiently and accurately. Stakeholders include:
- Seller/Developer and seller vendors
- Internal GSRP team (Asset Management, Legal, Accounting, Tax, Technical)
- 3 rd Party Support (Legal, Accounting, Tax, Technical)
- Reporting DD status of multiple portfolios concurrently
- Develop and optimize processes and procedures for streamlining the DD process
- Support the development and improvement of the GSRP management platform particularly as it pertains to due diligence and technical matters
- Support Performance Engineering during DD and Fleet monitoring
- Setup and manage cloud/server based folder structures on project by project basis
- Manage folder and data structure
- Manage data room access control for all stakeholders (seller, 3 rd party vendors, internal)
- Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation for projects
- Review project site plans for adherence to AHJ requirements and land use approvals.
- Provide ongoing support to the EPC and Finance teams, as required, throughout the construction process.
- Understand the full scope of the project through design, document review and asking questions of the design team and owner.
- Prepare value engineering and risk analysis.
- Prepare qualifications and assumptions for project bid estimates.
- Prepare cost comparisons/reconcile with previous estimates.
- Provide constructability review during the estimating process. Create a list of project discrepancies during the estimating review.
- Work with manager to ensure quality control of bids and estimates.
- 5 years of experience in solar industry with good understanding of solar project technical characteristics
- Engineering or Business BSc Degree required; Masters preferred
- Working knowledge of key renewable energy document types: engineering, accounting, tax, agreements, permits
- Proficient in: Excel, Word, Smartsheet
- Experience with various VDR interfaces (Box, Firmex, Intralinks, Merril DataSite One, etc)
- Very organized and able to multitask effectively
- Good communicator both written and verbal skill
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and determination to complete difficult projects.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Highly developed sense of professional ethics.
- Ability to work both on a team as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy.
- Commitment to quality.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top