CIMD, GSAM Credit Alternatives - Controller - Vice President - Boca Raton
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Renewable Power Group ("RPG") is a rapidly growing team which invests client capital in clean energy assets, including solar, storage and wind. The team sits within Goldman Sachs Asset Management ("GSAM") Credit Alternatives, a boutique investment platform with greater than $10 billion of investable capital. RPG benefits from an experienced team of industry veterans and significant financial backing, which has resulted in meaningful growth since the team was founded in 2017. We have long-term plans to be among the world's largest owners and operators of clean energy assets, and are therefore looking to hire a Vice President to establish and lead a new team within RPG which will be responsible for managing all aspects of project level financial accounting, including maintenance of books and records, financial reporting to third parties, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
You will play an instrumental role, working closely with RPG's Asset and Risk Management team and Goldman Sachs Investment Accounting to manage all aspects of project level financial accounting for the RPG asset fleet. You will have primary responsibility for establishing and leading a new team within a growing, entrepreneurial business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Establish, structure, and ultimately lead a team of accounting professionals who will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the books and records for RPG's clean energy projects through a streamlined monthly close process
- Timely reporting of accounting data to enable consolidation into the parent company financials
- Financial reporting to lenders and tax equity investors
- Invoicing of counterparties and ongoing management of accounts receivable
- Management and processing of accounts payable for the projects
- Create process and team structure to ensure consistent, timely and high quality output
- CPA and Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent) in accounting and/or finance required
- Minimum 10 years prior work experience in financial accounting
- 3-5 years clean energy industry experience, preferably in solar
- Demonstrated track record of career progression, including assumption of management responsibilities
- Experience establishing process and a dedication to continuous process improvement
- Experience managing teams located in multiple locations in a fast-paced startup environment a plus
- Experience preparing and completing public company filings (10-Ks, 10-Qs, etc.) a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently with the willingness to constantly think outside of the box
- Highly organized and proven ability to execute and manage complex logistics, projects, and tasks under tight time constraints
- Strong analytical/logical mindset and attention to detail
- Fluency required in Excel (VBA knowledge a plus), PowerPoint and Word
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top