CIMD, GSAM, Central Trading, Associate/Vice President, New York
- New York, NY
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Trading and Market Strategies team is the central trading desk for Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) and executes equities and derivatives trades across asset classes for portfolio managers throughout the division. This is a global desk with a presence in New York and Singapore that is looking to add a senior associate/junior VP trader in New York. Specifically, this person will focus on our Fundamental Equity ("FE") portfolio managers and clients in GSAM. The FE platform provides institutional clients with investment opportunities in stock markets around the world via a wide variety of fundamental, bottom-up investment strategies.
- Execute stocks, ETFs, futures and derivatives on behalf of portfolio managers
- Provide market color and dynamics to the global investment teams
- Conduct and pre and post trade cost analysis for the team to ensure a detailed understanding of trading activity
- Develop and maintain counterparty relationships
- Lead or assist in various technology or research initiatives for various constituents in FE and the trading desk
- Participate in morning research/trading meetings and provide market updates
- A minimum of 3 years of equity trading or sales-trading experience
- Independent thinker who is analytical and quantitative
- Strong understanding of market dynamics and risk management
- Motivated team player with a solid work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top