CIMD, GSAM, AIMS, Risk Management Analytics, Associate - Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, UT
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the preeminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, public equity strategies and fixed income strategies. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 200 professionals across eight offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs' market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $150 billion of alternative investments, public equity strategies and fixed income strategies.
The AIMS Platform Management team is responsible for portfolio implementation and trading, liquidity management, executing equity and currency hedging programs, manager on-boarding, producing in-depth performance analyses, and overseeing the business control framework. The team works closely with the investment and client portfolio solutions areas within AIMS, and with functional teams across the broader firm including Central Trading, Fund Accounting, Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance.
- Provide input to functional teams on performance calculation methodologies ranging from sector returns/contributions calculations, multi-period smoothing logic, and calculation of returns with sub-period transactional activities
- Compile monthly customized performance templates for liquid alternative portfolios by applying applicable performance calculation and smoothing logic.
- Review hedge fund composites calculations.
- Respond to ad-hoc performance calculation requests
- Create and update external hedge fund strategies time-series and ensure proper disclosures via partnering with Compliance/Legal
- Process new benchmark requests for the public markets and conduct regular meetings with the Operations team, providing benchmark level sign-off and adding new benchmarks to the performance system when applicable.
- Contribute to a range of AIMS group-wide initiatives and analysis including business development initiatives, process re-engineering, system enhancement/replacement, data storage and composite creation.
- At least 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree, Accounting or Finance degree preferred
- A working understanding of performance measurement and attribution
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Excel and adaptability to other software products
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
- Demonstrated orientation toward managing time-sensitive and business critical activities
- Progress towards CIPM a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Kelsey L.Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top