CIMD, GSAM, AIMS Imprint, Client Portfolio Team, Associate - San Francisco
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, public equity strategies and fixed income strategies. AIMS manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 200 professionals across eight offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, impact investing and ESG research, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs' market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $200 billion of alternative investments, public equity strategies and fixed income strategies.
AIMS Imprint is the thematic group within AIMS with a mandate to invest in ESG and Impact Investments. The focus of AIMS Imprint is to make high performing financial investments across opportunities that deliver intentional and measurable social and environmental benefit. AIMS Imprint sources, evaluates, and invests across equity, credit, and real asset public and private investments. Within the private markets, AIMS Imprint invests across eight thematic areas: Clean Energy, Sustainable Transport, Education, Health, Financial Inclusion, Food & Agriculture, Waste & Materials, and Ecosystem Services.
Historically, impact investing at GS has often been associated with the Firm's philanthropic and community engagement efforts. Much of this impact work was driven from a GS corporate vantage point using balance sheet capital and was not accessible to our clients in CIMD, who are increasingly seeking help to integrate ESG and Impact investments into their portfolios. To address this need, ESG and Impact Investing was launched as a division wide initiative in 2014 and bolstered by our 2015 acquisition of Imprint Capital, the largest dedicated ESG and impact advisory business in the U.S. We now have more than 30 full time professionals working on ESG and impact investing across CIMD.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Working with a client service team focused on customized ESG and impact portfolio solutions
- Supporting business strategy and business development activity
- Creating customized (both discretionary and advisory) solutions for Goldman Sachs' clients that meet their performance objectives, ESG and impact interests, service needs and reporting requirements
- Serving as a key support to client relationship managers
- Supporting portfolio construction and implementation of new manager allocations across public and private markets
- Liaising with the investment team to provide client-ready deliverables and insights to clients'
- Liaising with reporting team and tracking underlying company positions
- Evaluating investment performance, portfolio exposures, concentrations, and manager developments for customized clients
- Managing annual impact reporting process
- Coordinating ongoing client deliverables as well as new business development activities
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Customized/Advisory Solutions/Manager Research/Private Equity/Other Private or Public Markets Investing
- Strong judgement and decision-making ability
- Strong presentation and oral communication skills enabling the candidate to lead client interactions and interact effectively with third parties
- Excellent time, people and project management skills
- Broad awareness of current events and industry trends
- Highest degree of integrity and emphasis on confidentiality
- Creative thinker and ability to work on unstructured projects and navigate complexity
- Customized portfolio construction experience is preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top