CIMD - GS Invest - UX/Product Designer - Associate - NYC
- New York, NY
CONSUMER ( MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS )
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
THE MARCUS DIGITAL INVESTING TEAM
We are a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate designers, product managers and engineers committed to delivering cutting edge financial solutions that transform the investing experience for consumers as well as our business partners. As a member of the team, you'll:
- Work on some of the most complex design challenges in technology and finance
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
- Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance in your career
THE ROLE OF UX DESIGN
UX Designers on our team have tremendous responsibility in shaping the team's strategic vision. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding and communicating user needs. You will collaborate with developers and product managers, as well as members of other teams across sales, trading, marketing and legal to bring exceptional user experiences to life. We are looking for individuals who want to transform large-scale, complex problems into intuitive, simple, and impactful products. Our designers must know the importance of building and maintaining standards through a scalable design system and be confident in defending design choices.
- Collaborate with product managers, researchers, and engineers to identify new product opportunities, define problems & goals, map user flows and bring concepts to life
- Define user experiences for new and existing digital investing products
- Create wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and production quality visual designs
- Work within and maintain our design system, setting standards for color, type and interaction
- Collaborate with designers across other teams to workshop solutions, share insights and feedback, and help to grow the firm's design culture
- Validate designs and concepts through usability testing
- Work across the firm with other teams to ensure accuracy and consistency, and to build consensus
- 3+ years industry experience in product, interaction and user experience design
- Entrepreneurial drive and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience designing and shipping large-scale product releases
- Passion for solving complex large-scale problems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top