CIMD- Global Portfolio Solutions- Analyst/ Associate- Bengaluru
- Bangalore, India
Consumer and Investment Management Division
The CIMD includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Global Portfolio Solutions
GPS is the multi-asset class investing group within the Consumer and Investment Management Division at Goldman Sachs. GPS is responsible for managing customized multi asset class portfolios and funds, including discretionary mandates for US and international public pension plans, sovereign wealth funds and insurance companies and providing outsourced CIO services. The team is comprised of professionals with deep and varied investment backgrounds who specialize in designing and implementing customized multi-asset class portfolios. The team applies rigorous techniques to strategic and tactical asset allocation, asset-liability analysis, portfolio design and implementation, risk management, and portfolio reporting and analytics. The team has been managing customized multi-asset class mandates since 1995 as a committed partner to corporate pensions, sovereign wealth funds, healthcare organizations, endowments, foundations, and government institutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate would become a member of the Portfolio Management and Risk team within GPS, responsible for management and construction of multi-asset class portfolios in line with GPS investment philosophy, client guidelines and regulatory constraints. This role is highly analytical and detail-oriented, focusing on managing investment exposures across many asset classes and investment strategies. The Bengaluru-based team is a fully- integrated front-office investing function, operating on an equal footing to peer teams globally.
- Managing multi-asset class portfolios in line with client guidelines, internal investment policies, and regulatory constraints.
- Trading across asset classes (equities, fixed income, currencies, alternatives) and instruments (futures, forwards, ETFs, options, swaps, funds).
- Working closely with other GPS teams to execute strategic and tactical investment ideas with consistency and scale, including determining optimal instruments to trade based on portfolio-specific, regulatory and market- related considerations.
- Be a part of front-office risk management team and contribute to monitoring, evaluating and managing risks and opportunities of the underlying investments.
- Creating investment and portfolio construction frameworks across asset classes, developing expertise in terms of investment alternatives.
- Managing portfolio risk across various investment vehicles and product desks, including exposure, currency and cash management, investment manager/vehicle oversight.
- Structuring trades across asset classes to manage the portfolio in line with hedging and flow considerations, in collaboration with GSAM's trading desk.
- Managing derivative-based overlay strategies to enhance risk management profile of overall portfolios and/or capture market risk premia.
- Reviewing new portfolio design and investment strategies for client portfolio suitability, with specific focus on our ability to effectively manage and implement such portfolios and strategies.
- Serving as investment-side lead for complex portfolio events, including onboarding of new client mandates and portfolio restructurings, requiring coordination across multiple internal investment teams throughout the firm, as well as external managers and trading counterparties
- Contributing to projects aimed at enhancing trading and risk management processes, infrastructure and analytics to further empower the team's oversight over portfolio management activities and mitigate trading risks.
- Master's Degree or equivalent preferred
- CFA study preferred
- 1-3.5 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter with an ability to work independently and thrive in a team environment
- Intelligent, creative, with good problem-solving abilities
- Risk management and control orientation
- Excellent project management, and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; Bloomberg, Reuters or financial data systems knowledge preferred
- Strong interest in financial markets, good investment awareness, basic knowledge of asset allocation principles and of factor investing approaches (preferred)
- Ability to communicate investment strategies and rationales to audiences of varying levels of sophistication (preferred)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top