CIMD Engineering - IMD Research Developer
- Bangalore, India
Our platform is a document management system that is used across IMD desks and by external private wealth clients. We are looking for engineers with a passion for building highly scalable yet maintainable distributed systems. As a qualified candidate you'll bring fresh ideas and push technology forward in building our next generation system for document search, store, and retrieval at massive scale. You work as an independent contributor but will have opportunities to lead projects, advise and collaborate with our talented engineers across the divisions. You will bring innovative approaches for streamlining dev ops and expanding our offerings to utilizing containers and leveraging external cloud solutions.
Consumer and Investment Management Division (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives
IMD Search and Document Management
IMD Search and Document Management's portfolio consists of several world-class information management platforms that empower the IMD business and research community. The team builds on top cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source and cloud-based solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You are curious - you want to learn new concepts and technologies and eager to innovate in a thoughtful and commercial manner
- Design and build scalable frameworks and distributed systems that are easy to maintain and support
- Propose software solutions to enhance our services and capture new opportunities
- Understand and embrace SDLC and agile methodology
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Technical Qualifications: Strong commercial experience in Java, REST, Application serves(Vertx, Jetty, Nginx, or equivalent), MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, REDIs, Hazelcast
- Hands-on experiences in distributed computing, big data, micro-services, and cloud services and apis
- Ability to learn new frameworks and keep on innovating - be full stack when required
- Solid analytical skills and appreciation of technical risk
- Can work independently but can also effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Good communication skills
- Search and search related technologies such as Lucene, Solr, Elastic Search
- Container and containerized deployment and orchestration
- AWS/Azure/GCP APIs
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top