Chief of Staff Team, EMEA Engineering
The EMEA Engineering Chief of Staff team is a critical part of the regional Engineering management team. The Chief of Staff Team is comprised of the chief of staff (CoS) and a team responsible for driving the execution of strategic priorities as defined by the regional Technology leadership team, divisional communications, Business Continuity Planning (BCP), regulatory interactions, and external outreach. The CoS team works hand in hand with the head of the division, Business Unit heads, and other senior leaders of Engineering on strategic initiatives and special projects. Similar to management consulting, the group works on diverse projects based on the division's priorities.
We are looking for an Associate / VP to support our Regulatory Interactions and Governance workstream.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Support regulatory interactions and submissions, including SMCR and Conduct Risk
- Support Engineering Culture and Conduct Risk Programme governance
- Support production of Board and committee materials
- Develop senior management presentations
- Partner with Engineering BUs, HCM, Executive Office, Compliance, Finance and others as needed to execute initiatives
- Role varies by initiative and may be project management related or acting as a business analyst/execution resource to management
- Uphold the firm's principles, business controls, ethics, policies and procedures and professional standards
- Financial services experience, including a familiarity with the regulatory rulesets concerning SMCR and Conduct Risk, as well as an interest in regulatory developments and themes
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Excellent organizational, drafting and communication skills (oral and written): commitment to excellence; ability to draft communications easily understandable to a senior audience, confident and strong project management and presentation skills
- Highly motivated and proactive; the ability to respond calmly, creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment; takes ownership of large-scale projects and has a strong work ethic
- Excellent judgment and ability to assess risks; ability to take firm positions to protect the firm's interests; keen business acumen
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top