CCBD Technology - Trust and Technology Risk - Security Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Marcus is focused on bringing state of the art Goldman technology to the consumer market, enabling a complete new line of business, including online deposits and lending. We are building a best of breed platform that is both elegant and powerful, meeting the needs of our clients seamlessly, while allowing deep integration into our technical partners in the future. You will work alongside industry leading technologists who have recently joined Goldman from across consumer security, technology, FinTech, finance and quant firms.
Digital Finance Trust and Technology Risk - Security Engineer will be an individual contributor responsible for securing the applications (Web/API/Mobile) managed by Marcus. The position is hands-on and requires close working with Product Management, Engineering, Program Management, and Dev Ops teams. In addition to developing/maintaining/operating/integrating security Infrastructure, the Security Engineer will act as a security advisor to architects, developers, analysts and others to ensure we embed security into the platform.
- Driving adoption of embedded application security controls as part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Agile methodology
- Automation of security test cases for continuous controls monitoring
- Requirements/architecture review to ensure security and privacy by design
- Secure Code Reviews and Penetration Testing
- Advisor for security related product features like authentication, cryptography, etc.
You will have a 2-5 years' experience in application security or related fields and risk analysis techniques:
- Expert knowledge of application security best practices including OWASP and CWE
- Strong software engineering background; programming experience in Java and Python preferred
- Secure software development practices and frameworks
- Security testing methodologies, tools and techniques - understanding of common application security vulnerabilities and controls to remediate
- Hands-on experience with web application Penetration Testing
- Hands-on-experience with cloud security/designing secure systems on AWS
- Proficient communication skills and an effective team player
- Working experience in Agile development and scrum teams
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top