CCBD Technology - Technology Risk - Security Engineering - VP - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Technology Risk team protects the systems and data of our firm and our clients, equips our people with understanding and tools to measure risk and enable the use of technology, and evangelizes controls monitoring solutions. The team encompasses Technology Risk Advisory, Business Continuity and IT Regulatory compliance. The global Technology Risk team currently has presence in New York, London, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong, Zurich, Moscow, Dallas and Beijing. It covers all technology and business areas including subsidiaries and affiliates globally. You will join one of the most progressive Technology Risk teams in the industry which continues to push the development of risk in preference to security within technology and the business. TechRisk Advisory Security Engineering's core mission is to build controls into platforms to drive efficiency, re-use and lower the overall cost of maintaining the high level of control mandated at the firm. This role will act as the lead engineer, architect and strategist of this function with primary focus on delivering the engineering products necessary to integrate TechRisk review processes into AppCloud and CSF. Other focus points will be increased efficiency through automation and enabling the further reach of application security scanning by delivering on self-service tools for Application Security Champions throughout the firm. This role will also work closely with DPG on expanding the scope and reach of the Security Testing practices embedded in the Test Maturity Model.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Design, develop and assist engineering teams in maintaining re-usable application security controls as embedded framework components
- Driving adoption of security controls in application development as part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Contribute to the technical understanding and adoption of security control development, testing processes, standards, solutions and tools
- Contribute to the implementation and refinement of the strategy for the Application Risk program both globally and in the region - Be highly committed both to achieving the deliverables and to the team itself
- Work with engineers to develop customized security control strategy
- Have the discipline and interpersonal skills to work well in a global environment, complementing teams in other locations.
- Provide deep level subject matter expertise in one or more areas, such as implementation of cryptography, authentication, specific development language implementation risks and secure design patterns
- Software development practices and frameworks
- Development experience and proficiency in one of more languages, such as Java, C/C++, Objective C
- Mobile application architecture and development
- Software testing experience and understanding of role of testing in SDLC
- Security control methodologies, tools and techniques
- Ability to engage technical client base of engineers and communicate security and testing requirements, potential risks and influence development practices
- Understanding of common application security vulnerabilities and controls to remediate
- Medium-scale technical program management skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top