CCBD Technology - Marcus Trust and Technology Risk - Surveillance Analyst
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
The Marcus - Surveillance Analytics Mission: Build a team of engineers and deliver a platform which detects security incidents which have a tangible business impact and actionable response.
Marcus is a new business within the firm focused on bringing state of the art Goldman technology to the consumer market, including online deposits and lending. We are building a best of breed platform that is both elegant and powerful meeting the needs of our clients seamlessly, while allowing deep integration into our technical partners in the future. You will work alongside industry leading technologists who have recently joined Goldman from across consumer security, technology, fintech, finance and quant firms. Our Security, Privacy Trust and Technology Risk engineering team helps build a secure platform from the ground up that puts consumers first. The firm believes that this team will become a key competitive advantage of the business and is making a significant investment.
You will work alongside industry leading technologists from who have recently joined Goldman from across consumer security, technology, fintech, finance and quant firms.
The role has a broad scope which will involve interacting with senior leaders of Goldman and the Consumer business on a regular basis. The position is hands-on and requires a driven and "take ownership" oriented individual who is intently focused on execution. You will work directly with developers, business leaders, vendors and partners in order to deliver security assets to the consumer business.
- Develop a team, vision and platform which identifies/prioritizes actionable security & fraud risks which have tangible businesses impact across Goldman's consumer and commercial banking businesses. Develop response and recovery technology and programs to ensure resilience from fraud and abuse events.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Manage, develop and operationalize analytics which discover security & fraud events and identifies risks for all of Goldman's consumer businesses.
- Partner with fraud / abuse operations and leadership to ensure consumer fraud rates are within industry norms and own outcomes related to fraud improvements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Research and development to create innovative predictive detections for security and fraud
- Build a 24/7 real-time monitoring system with long term vision for scaling to new lines of consumer businesses
- Strong focus on customer experience and product usability
- Ability to work closely with the business, fraud, and security incident response teams on creating actionable detections
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or other relevant Computer/Data/Engineering degrees
- 1-3 years of experience as a security professional or data analyst/scientist/engineer
- Python, PySpark, R, Bash, SQL, Splunk (search, ES, UBA)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure/big data toolsets
- Visualization tools such as Tableau or D3
Useful, but not required: machine learning (Sagemaker, Spark MLlib)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top