CCBD Technology - Digital Finance Tech - Software Developer in Test (SDET)
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The QM team is responsible for ensuring that software that powers our consumer finance platform is defect-free and is able to meet the performance needs of our customers. We view testing to be a core technical competency and fundamental to our success. We are looking to fill positions across multiple applications teams with experienced SDETs that are considered experts when it comes to test automation. We are looking for candidates that are not only able to collaborate and contribute back to automation tools and infrastructure that is in place, but who can also innovate and help build new features in the current tools or design and build new and improved automation tools. We are not looking for order takers and doers, we are looking for people that can lead and deliver cutting edge test automation solutions that have a direct impact on increasing the quality of our products, while decreasing the time it takes to test them. If you love testing code and building expansive test automation infrastructure and scripts, and thrive in an environment where self-starters and leaders are rewarded and valued, then this is the job for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions with a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
- A problem solver with a keen eye for details and a strong desire to learn
- Self-directed, independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
- Can manage multiple tasks and use judgment to prioritize and escalate to influence objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated SDET, with a proven track record of creating innovated test automation solutions for both UI or APIs
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply and knowledge and experience in decision making
- Proven to work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-direction work environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with Development, Operations and Engineering
- Working knowledge with a modern programming language, such as Java or Python
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of the Agile development methodology
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top