CCBD Technology - DevOps, Process Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The Process Management team is responsible for ensuring that processes are documented, measurable and adhere to continuous improvement standards. If we can measure it, we will improve it
• The team ensures that productivity flows through the factory unimpeded while maintaining high standards of control
• The team collaborates closely with business functions as well as all technology functions to ensure operations are well-managed
• Be the hands-on performer on various process improvement efforts and collaborate with teammates on efficiency and run the engine initiatives
• Build on process best-practices in the areas of release management, incident management, problem management, vendor management and KPI tracking
• Ensures that the Technology organization is highly transparent and organizes around solving the right problems
• Collect data and information using analytics and reporting to provide transparency to senior leadership and executives - expertise in Tableau and visualization is key to success
• Identify and implement process improvements driving issue resolution/risk mitigation activities
• Develop and maintain formal process documentation including procedures and process flow diagrams
• Own Run The Engine activities across technology operations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3+ years of experience in Tech-related Process Management activities, including incident reporting, problem resolution, root cause analysis, triaging and vendor management
• 3+ years of experience in Process Management
• Hands on expertise in Tableau or other data visualization tools
• Exposure to Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, BPM and ITIL preferable
• Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
• Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
• Strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
• Independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
• Can manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ensures accuracy of the information entered into the production scheduling systems
• Ensures accuracy and timeliness of information entered in problem management systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top